• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is MGO offline?

PDinDetroit

I do hope you find remedy for your headaches.

Thank you, I am sure that it will get solved.

It is interesting though, the headaches come when storms come in (READ: Low Pressure Events). If I go shooting, the overpressure events from rounds being fired help to eliminate some or all of the headaches. The doctors do not have an answer to that yet, but I know it works (as long as I catch it in time). I went and got a simple mini weather station that tracks the pressure over the past 12 hours, along with indoor/outdoor temp and humidity. It seems fairly accurate compared to wunderground.com local sites, which I have been using to track info in what is called a "headache journal" (which showed me it was related to weather changes).

HKcarrier

Thank you, I am sure that it will get solved.

It is interesting though, the headaches come when storms come in (READ: Low Pressure Events). If I go shooting, the overpressure events from rounds being fired help to eliminate some or all of the headaches. The doctors do not have an answer to that yet, but I know it works (as long as I catch it in time). .

Interesting... if you need more pressure, stand next to someone shooting a big rifle instead of actually firing it yourself. My cousin used to have a professional ordinance carbon 15... and for wahtever reason, the concussion from that thing was unbelievable for a .223... (I think that's what you mean by "high pressure is the concussion, no?)

PDinDetroit

Interesting... if you need more pressure, stand next to someone shooting a big rifle instead of actually firing it yourself. My cousin used to have a professional ordinance carbon 15... and for wahtever reason, the concussion from that thing was unbelievable for a .223... (I think that's what you mean by "high pressure is the concussion, no?)

Precisely. Shooting my Saiga .308 Winchester 16.2" Barrel provides plenty of pressure wave/overpressure events!

IMG_2136.jpg

HKcarrier

Precisely. Shooting my Saiga .308 Winchester 16.2" Barrel provides plenty of pressure wave/overpressure events!

IMG_2136.jpg

Niiiiiice... I like...

Well then, perhaps you can get your ammo prescribed, and covered by insurance? :D

I also like!!! Great idea.. haha... Take 10 .50BMG and call me in the morning... ;)

Q doesn't have the hair for it, but it seems like this may be enough over-pressure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPBZZG-KbE

Last edited:

Sheldon

On their face book page they were supose to be back up today, but as of 30 minutes ago, still no go....

N FYI that little blip under the .50 round is a .45 acp...

poster12319270.jpg

Last edited:

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
Michigan Gun Owners Website Outage

UPDATE: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 – 1:00pm

ANNOUNCEMENT: Be sure to join us at the Holiday Fun Shoot
THIS FRIDAY (December 30, 2011)
Firing Line Gun Shop/Range
The address is 33000 Ford Rd., Westland, MI 48185.
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Cost: FREE!

We are aware of the ongoing outage and are actively working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Our hosting company experienced a critical hardware failure and had to replace equipment. This affected several customers, MGO included.
They have replaced the failed equipment/hardware and are now in the process of rebuilding all of the accounts affected.
We are currently anticipating restoration of the website later this evening (Wednesday, December 28, 2011).

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process.

- Admin

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Getting back on track someone should put together a new sticky on the basics of Michigan OC for the MGO site when it's up again. They may have lost all posts. The MSP updates, rinse wash repeat, a few other applicable statues, the advantages of OC, etc., would be a good start. Have some good info ready and posted then close the thread would be good. A chance to start anew and with good info.

Also an OC experience thread would benefit the MGO OC page.

shox rox ice

Newest Outage Notice

UPDATE: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 – 11:30pm

ANNOUNCEMENT: Be sure to join us at the Holiday Fun Shoot
THIS FRIDAY (December 30, 2011)
Firing Line Gun Shop/Range
The address is 33000 Ford Rd., Westland, MI 48185.
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Cost: FREE!

We are aware of the ongoing outage and are actively working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Our hosting company experienced a critical hardware failure and had to replace equipment. This affected several customers, MGO included.
They have replaced the failed equipment/hardware and are now in the process of rebuilding all of the accounts affected.
We are currently anticipating restoration of the website by Thursday, December 29, 2011.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process.

- Admin

shox rox ice

UPDATE: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 – 11:30pm
We are currently anticipating restoration of the website by Thursday, December 29, 2011.

Well, whatever the reason for the outage, their hosting definitely sucks. I agree with what others have said on here, they need some new hosting. I've had hosting with lots of companies but the best experiences I've had have been through LiquidWeb (but expensive for what we host), Dreamhost (decent value), and iPower (shared servers, but great value).

I didn't realize how much I was on that website until it went down. I'm not sure about all of you, but I'll be looking for a donate button next ime their website is up so they can hopefully get better hosting. I've heard other people say their website goes down a lot, so they should probably look in to it before someone else creates a website for the same purposes that are more reliable.

Just a side note, is the MGO website a for-profit or a non-profit deal? Anyone know?