• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is MGO offline?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Just a thought

MOC does it is just only open to paying members at this time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Maybe that should be reconsidered? It sure could help in bringing more visitors. Heck maybe even a CC section since most (CPL) OCers toggle back and forth depending on the situation [climate, PFZ, .... etc.....] just saying might help with the tumble weeds ;)

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I'm thinking of a new section called 'Practical / Tactical' where we could post theoretical scenarios and discuss different approaches to handling them.

Perhaps another section for equipment reviews and range reports?

Another for your latest purchase, with how, why, where you selected?

TheQ

Now they are saying Saturday. I love MGO and I am a member, but their IT crew is losing a lot of credibility with me -- with them constantly changing their projected restore time :(

I am an IT Professional. If I keep telling someone one thing and end up not delivering day after day -- they lose credibility in me and my work.

shox rox ice

Now they are saying Saturday. I love MGO and I am a member, but their IT crew is losing a lot of credibility with me -- with them constantly changing their projected restore time :(

Exactly what I was thinking, every time they check it and it's not back online they just add a day onto their 'projected' online time frame. Pretty lame really.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I've managed to get past the psychological and physiological effects of my MGO addiction, although I do miss the humor section, AKA 'For Sale' section.:D

CV67 PAT

I've managed to get past the psychological and physiological effects of my MGO addiction, although I do miss the humor section, AKA 'For Sale' section.:D

See there you have proof that the mind is easy to overcome addiction, just like that one guy has been telling us all along.

Oh wait. He said that it was more difficult to overcome the psychological addiction. No I mean he said that once we make up our mind there's nothing to it.

Ahh screw it. I can't keep up. I miss the classifieds too. I have actually gotten some sweet deals for hard to find stuff there. But in order to take advantage of them, I have to troll there, err I mean surf, constantly. The good finds are gone within moments of being posted.

fozzy71

MOC does it is just only open to paying members at this time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Maybe that should be reconsidered? It sure could help in bringing more visitors. Heck maybe even a CC section since most (CPL) OCers toggle back and forth depending on the situation [climate, PFZ, .... etc.....] just saying might help with the tumble weeds ;)

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,1503.msg11202.html#msg11202

:monkey

kpearce

I am an IT Professional. If I keep telling someone one thing and end up not delivering day after day -- they lose credibility in me and my work.

THIS!

I work in radio communications. My company provides almost every hospital in the US with critical communications. This radio comm is used daily 24 hours per day for all of their critical needs. Our switches are tied together via an MPLS network that is dependent on a great many telephone companies. Sometimes there is a catastrophic failure (backhoe fade, vehicle hits slik hut, etc...) or some obscure part fails in some podunk town in Arkansas. We are on call 24 hours per day 365 days per year. We have had some Major outages that have lasted only 4 - 5 hours. (knock wood). It simply does not take that much time to restore from a god backup. (oh wait, you did do the backup right?). I have had to jump in my truck and race to St. Louis, MO from MI to do emergency repairs, (and during a blizzard too), and the hospital was back on line in less that 15 hours.

To me, something just does not smell right, either it was being hosted by pgaplayerless in his mothers basement, or there is another issue.

Just think in this day and age, if the ISP gave each web address their own computer, then it could have been changed in less than a few hours. And if shared, then you are telling me that ALL of the others have been down this long too? Even the cheapest service would probably be using mirrored servers or raid, but I guess we will just have to wait and see what the real story is, if they ever tell us.

CV67 PAT

Who really cares? It is an organization, by its it's very roots is a bunch of dissident malcontents. It was founded by a group of members that were kicked out of MCGRO. They sued. Lost. And took their ball elsewhere. Hence MGO.

MGO is just a cesspool of Fudds, self proclaimed experts, SOFAOPS warriors, and malcontents

The only reason there is a Open Carry section there is so the trolls have some place to congregate. They are vehemently opposed to OC there.

The classifieds used to be where the trolls hung out. But after a while the operators set it up so no one could comment on the overpriced items listed. That stopped that.

It should be called CMGO... Certain Michigan Gun Owners.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Who really cares? It is an organization, by its it's very roots is a bunch of dissident malcontents. It was founded by a group of members that were kicked out of MCGRO. They sued. Lost. And took their ball elsewhere. Hence MGO.

MGO is just a cesspool of Fudds, self proclaimed experts, SOFAOPS warriors, and malcontents

The only reason there is a Open Carry section there is so the trolls have some place to congregate. They are vehemently opposed to OC there.

The classifieds used to be where the trolls hung out. But after a while the operators set it up so no one could comment on the overpriced items listed. That stopped that.

It should be called CMGO... Certain Michigan Gun Owners.

Don't hold back- how do you REALLY feel?:D

Bronson

Dang it! Another gun forum I frequent, Bersa Chat, just posted a notice that they've been hacked and to not browse their site.

What the heck am I supposed to do with my time with two of my four gun forums down...arrrrrgh!

Bronson

CV67 PAT

My anti-virus has been giving me occasional alerts that this site is also. But I have been ignoring them.

I'd rather get infected.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
If being on this site means so much to you, maybe you should try a little harder to stay here.

Folks like Pat make sure we have our thinking caps on, so it would seem.

I perceive that he is a lawyer by trade. Bet he's a lot of fun to watch litigate. You have to admire that kind of quick thinking. Bet he shreds opposition witnesses with great efficiency. You've got to make your case clearly, or he'll shoot holes where we haven't fully thought it through. Its in his nature.

As soon as I figure out who he is, I'm putting him on retainer!