Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 11-year-old Girl Scares off Three Burglers

  1. #1
    Regular Member RPGamingGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    62

    11-year-old Girl Scares off Three Burglers

    Now THIS is how a young lady should react to a home invasion. She actually scared off the intruders with her mom's pink .22 instead of simply hiding under the bed and getting lucky like that other girl that was recently in the news.

    News Story Video

    Alyssa Gutierrez bravely defended her home and her life with her Mom's rifle. She was not going to end up, if she could help it, another victim of criminal violence. She first tried to hide from the criminal intruders, but when they discovered her, she ran quickly to a bedroom and retrieved her Mom's little pink single shot bolt action 22 caliber rifle to defend her home and life.

    "My heart kept pounding and pounding" said brave little Alyssa. After she loaded the rifle she checked the bathroom and the living room to make sure that they were clear of the thugs. She then went to her Mothers closet with her loaded rifle in hand to call 9-11. "I was planning, if they came right next to me, I would shoot them," said Alyssa.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877
    Glad it turned out okay, but please Mom, no BOLT-ACTION/single-shot .22 kept around for home-defense anymore: Immediately go out and buy a SEMI-AUTO high-capacity .22LR rifle -- namely, a Ruger 10/22 or a Marlin M60.

    They may even be on sale at Walmart for Christmas! ;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 12-22-2011 at 08:16 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Glad it turned out okay, but please Mom, no BOLT-ACTION/single-shot .22 kept around for home-defense anymore: Immediately go out and buy a SEMI-AUTO high-capacity .22LR rifle -- namely, a Ruger 10/22 or a Marlin M60.

    They may even be on sale at Walmart for Christmas! ;-)

    Although I agree whole-heartedly with your choice of 22LR firearms (both the Ruger and the Marlin are EXCELLENT rifles), I must BEG people NOT to purchase firearms at WalMart. They are NOT a supporter of our rights, and most of their money goes to off-shore banksters.

    Support your LOCALLY-OWNED gun shop. Sure, you might pay a few extra dollars for the same gun there, but isn't it worth it to know that you are 1) supporting a LOCAL business, not some internationally-owned mega corp siphoning jobs and wealth out of our country, 2) helping that local business STAY in business, and ensuring that gun-specific businesses will thrive, 3) putting money into the pockets of people who are obviously and openly PRO-2A, and 4) you will get qualified, intelligent, and friendly service if something should go wrong with your firearm in the future (try THAT at WalMart...)

    Please, I beg everyone, if you are buying firearms or gun-related accessories for holiday gifts, PLEASE patronize a locally-owned shop. Such a purchase ensures that EVERYONE benefits in the long-run...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  4. #4
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Although I agree whole-heartedly with your choice of 22LR firearms (both the Ruger and the Marlin are EXCELLENT rifles), I must BEG people NOT to purchase firearms at WalMart. They are NOT a supporter of our rights, and most of their money goes to off-shore banksters.

    Support your LOCALLY-OWNED gun shop. Sure, you might pay a few extra dollars for the same gun there, but isn't it worth it to know that you are 1) supporting a LOCAL business, not some internationally-owned mega corp siphoning jobs and wealth out of our country, 2) helping that local business STAY in business, and ensuring that gun-specific businesses will thrive, 3) putting money into the pockets of people who are obviously and openly PRO-2A, and 4) you will get qualified, intelligent, and friendly service if something should go wrong with your firearm in the future (try THAT at WalMart...)

    Please, I beg everyone, if you are buying firearms or gun-related accessories for holiday gifts, PLEASE patronize a locally-owned shop. Such a purchase ensures that EVERYONE benefits in the long-run...
    AGREED. Also, 5) you don't have to suffer the indignity of being escorted to the entrance of the building for no good reason.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Urban Skeet City, Alabama
    Posts
    897
    Get the kids started on .22LR, Mom should be carrying 5.56 in a black rifle (because her accuracy matters) and Dad can bring the .308 or .50BMG...

    OTOH, If you've got time to get the .50BMG setup, you're probably looking at trespassers in the front 600 (acres).
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

  6. #6
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I must BEG people NOT to purchase firearms at WalMart. They are NOT a supporter of our rights, and most of their money goes to off-shore banksters.
    Would this be the same WalMart that, nationwide, allows lawful carry in accordance with local law?

    The same WalMart that is traded publicly and is owned by MANY Americans?

    The same American corporation (based out of Benton AK) that is a champion of the free market system?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    3) putting money into the pockets of people who are obviously and openly PRO-2A,
    Not all gun shops "are obviously and openly PRO 2A". Many are only pro 2A when it's the way they think the 2A should be used. (i.e. many prohibit lawful open carry in their stores for instance"


    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    4) you will get qualified, intelligent, and friendly service if something should go wrong with your firearm in the future (try THAT at WalMart...)
    Not necessarily true. For instance, the CHL instructor at a local gun shop here told me "I don't care what the law says" when I mentioned open carry being legal. He also teaches that the CHL means you must conceal. Both are massive fails in my mind.

    Meanwhile, I've rarely even had a WalMart employee ask about my firearm unless it was along the lines of "nice weapon" or "what are you carrying". I've seen plenty of local gun shops that won't allow open carry in their store...as they TALK about how pro 2A they are.

    I support American business, of which WalMart is one. We should be proud of WalMarts sucess. It is the largest US corporation (30% larger revenues than #2 Exxon in 2010), as well as the largest international corporation (30% more revenues and 12.7% more profit than #2 Royal Dutch Shell in 2010). That isn't an accident, it's because WalMart offers a combination of products, prices, and service that attract large numbers of repeat customers.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Urban Skeet City, Alabama
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Would this be the same WalMart that, nationwide, allows lawful carry in accordance with local law?

    The same WalMart that is traded publicly and is owned by MANY Americans?

    The same American corporation (based out of Benton AK) that is a champion of the free market system?
    AK? I think you mean AR.

    [quote]
    Not all gun shops "are obviously and openly PRO 2A". Many are only pro 2A when it's the way they think the 2A should be used. (i.e. many prohibit lawful open carry in their stores for instance"


    Not necessarily true. For instance, the CHL instructor at a local gun shop here told me "I don't care what the law says" when I mentioned open carry being legal. He also teaches that the CHL means you must conceal. Both are massive fails in my mind.
    "Excuse me?"
    "I don't care what the law says."
    "I want a refund RIGHT NOW."
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877
    I was just thinking about saving the Mom some money...assuming she was a single Mom (no husband mentioned?) and perhaps on a limted income. Lots of assumptions, yes, but I was just thinking of a way to get a semi-auto (Ruger or Marlin) .22LR at the cheapest price. And at a most convenient location: Walmart -- they're everywhere.

  9. #9
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    Oooops yes, AR not AK. Smacking self in head.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Good for that girl!! Nice to see she has learned to not be a victim at a young age!

    Also, well said re: Wal-Mart!

  11. #11
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    interesting to note just recently there was a thread out here (colorado me thinks) which talked about the gaggle of gun shops which have big signs on their doors expressing:

    "no loaded weapons ALLOWED"....(OC/CC)

    these local businesses (and i am sure there are even some in your neighborhood too) support which amendment? oh wait... the all mighty dollar... in their pockets...

    my problem is the lack of product in walmart...

    wabbit

    PS: hopefully the girl isn't chastised too badly for using 'mommy's gun' even tho it turned out positively.
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 01-04-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •