• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dining In in Norfolk in Jan.

45GAP

Trying to gauge interest in an Open Carry dining in at a local restaurant in the Bayview Section of Norfolk.
Would be held in Mid-Jan 2012.
Restaurant has a good menu; specials, home made lasagna, really good homemade pizza, subs, steaks, etc..
Send an e-mail to cainh6691@yahoo.com if interested.
Thanks guys.
Hugh

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is always a good deal of interest & this would be the first meet n' greet of the new year.

Pick a spot, post it, they will come!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hey, new guy! Welcome to OCDO.

Seems new guys are always trying to invent new ways to do stuff. But because he's a new guy and seems to have his heart in the right place, I'll play along.

When?

Where?

What time?

What kind of food do they serve?

Do I have to dress up?

Is there adequate space outside to gather and talk beforehand, and to linger and talk afterwards?

Will you be inviting the Norfolk PD? (Have you done your homework to know why that question was even asked?)

Or, instead of trying to find out if there is hypothetical interest in hypothetcally meeting to eat at some hypothetical place, you could do like everybody else does and Grapeshot has subtly suggested -

Pick a place, post the relevant what/when/where info, and sit back and watch to see who says they are coming. The worst possibility is you pick a place everybody hates. The best possibility is you pick a place and more folks than they can seat at one time show up. Anything in the middle is all good.

stay safe.

45acpForMe

Dinner is one of my top three favorite meals! :)

I am always interested. My daughters schedules would dictate whether I can attend or not.

Go ahead and schedule something.

Some rules of thumb:

- Don't ask if they allow OC, just show up with hungry money holding OC-ers and they usually are happy to see you
- Pick a time around 7pm since many people have to get off work and fight traffic to attend.
- Ask if they can handle larger parties. It is nice to sit "together" so if you get 10-20 people attending it matters.
- Post address/directions/google-map for ease of decision by attendees, also online menu's if available help.
- Be happy if 2-3 people show up or 30. We have had dinners as small as 3-4 or as large as over 100 for special occassions.

Some places are better than others logistically, seating, parking, ease of finding in the dark. :)

DontTreadOnMeVa

....make for the middle of the month

If you pick a day in the middle of the month, I almost will assuredly make it!