Thread: This OC incident made national news: The result!

This OC incident made national news: The result!

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Good news!!! Hopefully they(City of Madison) have learned their lesson.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 12-22-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Awesome!!! Be sure to post the link to all of your social networking sites to spread awareness.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

Activist Member
    wow talk about over kill on the officers, I hope they didn't do this on purpose. Much rather hear that the officers were not aware that its legal to "Open Carry".
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Good news for the Madison 5. Other than that little if anything will change. The defendants were not forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury, where they surely would have lost. In my view, a prime opportunity was lost.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Good news for the Madison 5. Other than that little if anything will change. The defendants were not forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury, where they surely would have lost. In my view, a prime opportunity was lost.
    When the norm is 'get trampled by horses,' getting out from under the feet of the horses is a reasonable result. It isn't typical to be able to get out from under the feet of the horses and immediately trample back.
    While getting what YOU desire out of it might be beneficial, it isn't a realistic outcome to expect at this point.

(post quoted because you will just erase it soon)
    Last edited by wrightme; 12-24-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    "Surely would have lost"? okaaayyy

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by peterarthur View Post
    "Surely would have lost"? okaaayyy
    You think the city would have won ?

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    You think the city would have won ?
    "They" appeared to indicate the Madison 5...
    Last edited by peterarthur; 12-25-2011 at 04:59 PM.

No, it doesn't appear that way.

"The defendants were not forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury, where they surely would have lost."

"they" refers to "the defendants."

The Madison 5 were the plaintiffs in the lawsuit. Thus, in that quote, "They" appeared to indicate the cops, who would have allegedly been 'forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury." Whether "they [defendants] surely would have lost" is really unknown. The reality is that at least the defendants believed that the judgement instead of the trial was the better course, for whatever reason their legal counsel recommended it.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

No, "they" is the defendant, which would be the po-po.

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    No, it doesn't appear that way.

"The defendants were not forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury, where they surely would have lost."

"they" refers to "the defendants."

The Madison 5 were the plaintiffs in the lawsuit. Thus, in that quote, "They" appeared to indicate the cops, who would have allegedly been 'forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury." Whether "they [defendants] surely would have lost" is really unknown. The reality is that at least the defendants believed that the judgement instead of the trial was the better course, for whatever reason their legal counsel recommended it.
    Yep, I didn't read it carefully. I was thinking of the 5 being charged falsely. And to think, I was once going to teach English I.... must.... read.... slower........ or more carefully at least.

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme
    It isn't typical to be able to get out from under the feet of the horses and immediately trample back.
    What a great analogy!
    But actually, they were 'trampling back' even while being trampled.
    And thanks to WCI, it's becoming more & more common to be able to trample back.
    Maybe not as things are going wrong, but at least very shortly after persecution is dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

The good citizens can only hope that the experience was sufficient to teach the Madison PD the appropriate lessons.