• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This OC incident made national news: The result!

DWCook

Activist Member
wow talk about over kill on the officers, I hope they didn't do this on purpose. Much rather hear that the officers were not aware that its legal to "Open Carry".

OC for ME

Good news for the Madison 5. Other than that little if anything will change. The defendants were not forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury, where they surely would have lost. In my view, a prime opportunity was lost.

wrightme

Good news for the Madison 5. Other than that little if anything will change. The defendants were not forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury, where they surely would have lost. In my view, a prime opportunity was lost.

When the norm is 'get trampled by horses,' getting out from under the feet of the horses is a reasonable result. It isn't typical to be able to get out from under the feet of the horses and immediately trample back.
While getting what YOU desire out of it might be beneficial, it isn't a realistic outcome to expect at this point.

(post quoted because you will just erase it soon)

Last edited:

peterarthur

"Surely would have lost"? okaaayyy

wrightme

"They" appeared to indicate the Madison 5...

No, it doesn't appear that way.

"The defendants were not forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury, where they surely would have lost."

"they" refers to "the defendants."

The Madison 5 were the plaintiffs in the lawsuit. Thus, in that quote, "They" appeared to indicate the cops, who would have allegedly been 'forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury." Whether "they [defendants] surely would have lost" is really unknown. The reality is that at least the defendants believed that the judgement instead of the trial was the better course, for whatever reason their legal counsel recommended it.

peterarthur

No, it doesn't appear that way.

"The defendants were not forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury, where they surely would have lost."

"they" refers to "the defendants."

The Madison 5 were the plaintiffs in the lawsuit. Thus, in that quote, "They" appeared to indicate the cops, who would have allegedly been 'forced to justify their actions and policies in front of a judge and jury." Whether "they [defendants] surely would have lost" is really unknown. The reality is that at least the defendants believed that the judgement instead of the trial was the better course, for whatever reason their legal counsel recommended it.

Yep, I didn't read it carefully. I was thinking of the 5 being charged falsely. And to think, I was once going to teach English :) I.... must.... read.... slower........ or more carefully at least.

MKEgal

wrightme said:
It isn't typical to be able to get out from under the feet of the horses and immediately trample back.
What a great analogy!
But actually, they were 'trampling back' even while being trampled. :rolleyes:
And thanks to WCI, it's becoming more & more common to be able to trample back.
Maybe not as things are going wrong, but at least very shortly after persecution is dropped.