Thread: Firearms at Jordan Lake

Firearms at Jordan Lake

"Firearms and other weapons are prohibited except that those with a proper permit may possess a concealed handgun in permitted areas and under the requirements of North Carolina G.S. 14-415.11. All firearms and weapons are prohibited in state park visitor centers and park offices. (EXCEPTION: Federal law (36 C.F.R. 327.13) prohibits loaded firearms or ammunition on those lands and waters at Falls Lake, Jordan Lake and Kerr Lake state recreation areas managed by the state parks system and owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.)"

I had no idea! Apparently even under the new 650 bill I can't have a suitable means of self defense while on Jordan Lake.

Why would the fact that the Army Corps of Eng dug this lake (I think that is /was their involvement) prohibit me from carrying there??

It seems to me if "they" can find any obscure justification to restrict firearm possession "they'll" use it.

Frustrating...
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

This is a federal Army Core of Engineers boondoggle...

So the carry permitted in National Parks law doesn't apply.

This is another example of a bad law that needs to be changed. I wonder if GOA has worked on this?

Yeah, and Shearon Harris boat ramps is also off limits. I like to take my telescope there some nights. How do y'all feel about being out there all alone, late at night without the means to defend yourself?