• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms at Jordan Lake

Smith45acp

"Firearms and other weapons are prohibited except that those with a proper permit may possess a concealed handgun in permitted areas and under the requirements of North Carolina G.S. 14-415.11. All firearms and weapons are prohibited in state park visitor centers and park offices. (EXCEPTION: Federal law (36 C.F.R. ¤ 327.13) prohibits loaded firearms or ammunition on those lands and waters at Falls Lake, Jordan Lake and Kerr Lake state recreation areas managed by the state parks system and owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.)"

I had no idea! Apparently even under the new 650 bill I can't have a suitable means of self defense while on Jordan Lake.

Why would the fact that the Army Corps of Eng dug this lake (I think that is /was their involvement) prohibit me from carrying there??

It seems to me if "they" can find any obscure justification to restrict firearm possession "they'll" use it.

Frustrating...

Doble Troble

This is a federal Army Core of Engineers boondoggle...

So the carry permitted in National Parks law doesn't apply.

This is another example of a bad law that needs to be changed. I wonder if GOA has worked on this?