Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is The Most Reliable Pistol you own or have owned

What is The Most Reliable Pistol you own or have owned

I'm talking about pistols here not revolvers. For me it is my current preferred carry gun, my S&W 457. I have never had any kind of failure with this pistol, from right out of the box to nearly
    a thousand rounds through it. I have mixed ball ammo with hollow points and different bullet weights and it just goes bang every time I pull the trigger. I'd highly recommend this gun to anyone if they can find one for sale
    You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office

Ive had my sigma sw40ve for for almost 5 years and never had an issue (firearm related) as long as i keep heavier rounds in it. Trigger sucked but a spring and some polishing fixed that right up. Ive recently been trying different rounds through it and found what i think is going to be the most accurate reliable and cost efective round for me anyways. I recently purchased a keltex p11 and it went bang every time so far. But that trigger is a whole differnt story lol

That would have to be my Taurus PT1911 ALR hands down.
    Owner of Urban Tactical Accessories
    www.urbantacticalaccessories.com

Activist Member
    My Beretta 92 is my most dependable semi-auto. I've fired a at least three thousand rounds through it. I think I had a jam once, maybe twice, with factory mags. I've almost exclusively shot gun show reloads through it of various quality. [ I do have a gunshow no-name 30 round mag I bought during the AWB at a gun show which won't feed period, but that's hardly the gun's fault. ]
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 12-22-2011 at 02:30 PM.

My Glock 30 has never missed a beat. Fmj's Hp's, regardless. I also shoot IDPA with it and its gone bang every time its needed to and never when it wasn't supposed to.
    Really, any of my glocks have been very reliable but the 30 is my favorite.
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

The only gun I own that has NEVER jammed so far is the sig. But to be fair, it hasn't been around as long as my other guns.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

My Glock 19

I have now run over 10,000 rounds (no brag, just fact) through my Glock 19. Some have been low power reloads, some have been off brand hardball and about 300 have been various brands of JHP. The only time this gun has jammed or had a failure to eject was when I failed to hold it tightly.

Ya, I know... It is a Glock, and some of you don't like Glocks. Well I can drill a dime at 25 feet with it (no brag, just fact) and I know I have to be super careful when I re-holster so the shirt does not get inside the trigger guard.

My 1911 Kimber does not like federal JHPs.

My 1911 Sig Saur does not like BRV hardball ammo

My favorite Hi-Standard Supermatic Citation will only eat CCI plated .22 and HATES hollow points.

Live and learn.

Robert

first my Dan Wesson CBOB .45 about 1100 rounds through it, 2 ftf in the first 15 rounds through it. "break in"

second my Sig p229 enhanced elite, 500 rounds "pretty new" no FTF or FTE at all "2nd because the round count"

third my glock 19 gen4 about 1500 rounds through it 5 ftf in the first 100 rounds no problems since "but occasional brass to face"

the Sig and Glock are my normal EDC, the Dan Wesson doesnt get carried much because of the value of it!

Tim

I've had the following through my possession or have them currently in my possession:

Sig P226 (.40)
    Sig P239 (.40)
    Sig Mosquito
    Taurus 856
    Taurus PT111
    Taurus 709 Slim
    Springfield XD(M) 9mm
    Kimber Pro Carry II

And thus far, all of them except the Mosquito have been 100% reliable. The Mosquito starts acting up (usually slow to chamber) after about 300-400 rounds mostly because it's 22LR and lead/powder fouling likes to gum-up the feed ramp and chamber. A splash of oil in the chamber port tends to keep things going until I run out of ammo.

At present- my PT 845. 1300+ rounds, mix of GDHP and Speer TMJ -(230 grain, only) zero FTF/FTE or jams of any kind, whatsoever. (so much for the Taurus-bashers... ), and no magazine issues. Dead-on accurate.

and an old Raven .25 - nearly 20+ yrs old, tens of thousands of rounds through it. No jam/ FTE- did have one FTF with the 1st Gold Dot I tried running through it-ended up being operator headspace, I hadnt seated the round fully into the mag.

In the past (and yes, I feel like an idiot for ever letting it go on a trade), an old Makarov. Those things are just plain built like tanks. If you can find a way to break one, or make it jam/ FTF/ FTE I'd love to see someone get a pic of that..

Springfield 1911 I once had yrs. ago, not the least picky about ammo it was fed. Always, always, always went BANG when I did my part..

I would take my RIA1911 (Tactical Duo-Tone) to hell and back. Thousands of rounds, no problems.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

^ still want to get one of those.. maybe after the holidays..

I have had the good fortune to own a number of very reliable firearms in my life. One stand out is the Colt 1911 purchased used in 1988 on my hip as I type. Better than 70 K rounds and damn few hicupups that could not be attributed to ammo or broken parts. I have replaced the trigger twice, sear twice, extractor 3 or 4 times, pins 2 times, springs every 2500 or 3000 rounds and had it rebushed. It likes almost everything from SWC to most HP's. I feed it a steady diet of 230 gr HP's or ball jacketed or cast, does not seem to make a difference.

Of the 15 or so 1911's I own it is by far my favorite.
    Last edited by .45acp; 12-22-2011 at 08:22 PM.
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

Colt "second generation" Delta Elite 10mm in all stainless. It was without a doubt the most reliable pistol I have ever owned. Not only was it nearly 100% reliable, but it would cycle any ammo I put in it, and it was laser-accurate with the good stuff. Just a flawless pistol.

It did have some modifications, but not by a gunsmith. I put a Wilson "Dwyer Group Gripper" full-length guide rod in it, and it had a Videki adjustable trigger, and Wilson springs. But other than that, it was pretty much "box-stock".

Every time I see a 10mm, I kick myself for having sold that gun. It was a real cherry...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by celticredneck
    I'm talking about pistols here not revolvers.

revolver & semiautomatic
    are subsets of pistol
    which is a subset of firearms

just like
    rifle & shotgun
    are subsets of long gun
    which is a subset of firearms

As for the original question, the most reliable pistols I've shot are Glocks.
    Only had a handful of malfunctions with one, which was a rental, and filthy, & having ejector problems (about 5 of 50 shots).
    Have never had a problem with any of mine.

Took a class last week from someone who's been a LEO, a LEO trainer, &/or shooting for close to 40 years, & he told us that the brand of pistols which needed the fewest repairs, broke down the least, & held up classes the least was Glock.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 12-22-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

My Bersa Thunder 380+ and my Bersa .40. The Thunder 380 is more acurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Colt "second generation" Delta Elite 10mm in all stainless. It was without a doubt the most reliable pistol I have ever owned. Not only was it nearly 100% reliable, but it would cycle any ammo I put in it, and it was laser-accurate with the good stuff. Just a flawless pistol.

It did have some modifications, but not by a gunsmith. I put a Wilson "Dwyer Group Gripper" full-length guide rod in it, and it had a Videki adjustable trigger, and Wilson springs. But other than that, it was pretty much "box-stock".

Every time I see a 10mm, I kick myself for having sold that gun. It was a real cherry...

I have two Deltas Elites, one in Blue, the other SS. You are right, mine ate everything. I don't have a lot of rounds thourgh the SS gun (6 k or so) but they sure work.

Steve
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

My P99. Haven't had it long, only a few hundred rounds through it, but the only malfunction has been a FTE and that was because of a squib load from a 30+ year old cartridge.

Other than that it eats up FMJ, lead nose, hollow points, doesn't matter. I'm thinking about buying some steel cased stuff and seeing how that fares in it lol
    Last edited by SovereignAxe; 12-23-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

It's a tossup between my Sig 1911 Target and my H&K USP9C. They have both performed flawlessly and I am amazed at how accurate the USP is beyond 50m.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

My XD40 been flawless in almost 3 years of carrying and using.

my 3rd gen glock 21 (.45 acp). I have two of them and they work flawlessly. My glock 19 is just as flawless. all completely perfect running out of the box.

Wish I could say the same for my 2 stock springfield loaded 1911 pistols.

Glock, Sig, Beretta, S&W, Springfield. They'e all reliable and there are others out there. Personally I like and trust Glock the most.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

CZ75. Never, ever a hiccup for me, even when firing all sorts of weird ammo, in awkward positions, full of dirt, whatever. To be fair, I have some other handguns with the same record (Wilson M1911, for example) but all of them are considerably more expensive than the CZ so I consider the affordable price to be a tie-breaker.

Edited to add: My wife has torture-tested her Smith and Wesson M3913 "Ladysmith" with as much as 400 rounds in one day and it has been impressive as well. She wanted me to point this out. :-) (However, it also was more expensive than the CZ, so the CZ still wins.)
    Last edited by Cavalryman; 12-23-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    Edited to add: My wife has torture-tested her Smith and Wesson M3913 "Ladysmith" with as much as 400 rounds in one day and it has been impressive as well. She wanted me to point this out. :-) (However, it also was more expensive than the CZ, so the CZ still wins.)
    Torture-tested? I don't see much that could go wrong with a revolver that wouldn't put it out of commission. Failure to feed/eject is the same as operator error until you start breaking/bending things.

I have a glock 26 and a kimber ultra carry 2 as well as a ruger sp101.None have ever failed to fire!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast