• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Modified shoulder rig, and some other goodies

j4l

Made some modifications to the shoulder rig I made a few weeks back. I inverted the holster-attachment point for this holster, so as to sit vertical, rather than horizontal. Makes for a much more comfy, and compact carry, than the original horizontal-mounting- for full-size .45 autos.

sr2001.jpg

sr2003.jpg

sr2004.jpg

sr2005.jpg

sr2008.jpg

sr2007.jpg

sr2009.jpg

sr3001.jpg

j4l

The other goodies... the knives and sheaths I made for some folks for X-mas..

g6003.jpg

g6002.jpg

Made some belts for Grandfather, Uncle, and Father for X-mas..

g6008.jpg

g6005.jpg

g6006.jpg

And, my wife's idea- some leather notebooks, with pens for my Sister, Aunt and Cousin for X-mas

g7004.jpg

g6009.jpg

g7003.jpg

And, now, finally, I think I'll give my hands a rest for a day or so..

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Looks like a nice tanker rig. How does it attach on the other end? I notice it does not use a chest strap, so I'm curious how you keep if from falling off the shoulder.

stay safe.

j4l

Sorry took so long to reply- only just saw this.

It fastens over and around the back where the straps attach to a "spider" /round fitting-then another set of straps for the opposite side go over the other shoulder.-That side will have the mag pouch attached. Just like most other types of shoulder-rigs.