• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our diminuitive senator responds.

GoldCoaster

I got some spam mail from Senator Blumenthal the other day and took the liberty of demanding he aggressively help Issa and crew against that contemptuous Attorney General Holder.

Here is the response I got today:

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the “Fast and Furious” operation. I appreciate hearing from you.

I share your concerns that a law enforcement operation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) known as "Fast and Furious" may have allowed illegal weapons to be transported into Mexico. I am particularly troubled that some of these weapons may have reached violent drug traffickers and human smugglers, who then may have used them against our own authorities.

As you may know, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is conducting an investigation into the “Fast and Furious” operation. In addition to its initial request for information from the BAFTE, the committee has issued subpoenas to Attorney General Eric Holder and other top Justice Department officials for more information. Like you, I take allegations against a federal agency very seriously, and I will be closely following this investigation and reaching conclusions based on the evidence and facts.

I am honored to serve as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has oversight over the operations of the Department of Justice and the BATFE. I want to assure you that I will do everything in my power to ensure that our firearms laws are enforced, our Second Amendment rights are protected, and that the trafficking of illegal weapons is eliminated.

Thank you again for your thoughtful message. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions or concerns that you may have.

Sincerely,

Richard Blumenthal
United States Senate

LQM

Diminutive Senator

"Fast and Furious" MAY HAVE allowed illegal weapons to be transported into Mexico."*

By implication, they may not have?

"I am particularly troubled that some of these weapons MAY HAVE reached violent drug traffickers and human smugglers, who then may have used them against our own authorities."*

Once again, by implication they may have not?

"I take ALLEGATIONS against a federal agency very seriously, and I will be closely following this investigation and reaching conclusions based on the evidence and facts."*

It used to be that an allegation was all that was needed to remove a cabinet member, without the benefit of investigation before reaching conclusions.

**All emphasis is mine**

So the hours of investigative committees, whistle blower testimony, hard evidence in the firearms found at the scene of a Border Patrol Agents death that are traced to Fast and Furious, lateral moves and promotions of department heads (to which Holder admitted), witness testimony of firearms dealers involved, all of that equates to nothing more than a "may have"?

Well after all, it is Dick "look out! there a tv camera over there!" Blumenthal. Diminutive indeed.