• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SOPA explained... O_O

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Buckle up before you hit play...

[video=youtube;WJIuYgIvKsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc[/video]
eek2.gif

PistolPackingMomma

Sadly, I can't say I'm surprised.

Wonder why he has such faith in our "law-makers" when they are usually as corrupt, subversive, and criminal as TV villains...

KBCraig

First impressions count.

He lost me in the first second; I gave it three seconds to be sure, but he confirmed that he's not worth my time.

I don't even care if he agrees with me on SOPA; he's obnoxious and unlistenable.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
First impressions count.

He lost me in the first second; I gave it three seconds to be sure, but he confirmed that he's not worth my time.

I don't even care if he agrees with me on SOPA; he's obnoxious and unlistenable.

Never heard of anyone "rage quitting" on a youtube video till now.
lol.gif

HKcarrier

The long and short of it:

Companies that are SCREAMING about piracy are actually the ones that were near exclusive distributors of the software.

CBS, disney, cnet, all sorts of hands in the cookie jar on this one.

Major companies at first distributed the software, now they are suing the users of it and lobbying for more control.

This guy claims they made tons of money off the downloads (from Ads I would assume) and they did it all because they knew they could gain a lot of control over the internet in the end.

HKcarrier

The issues require a LOT of investigation. Let's hope this is fully fleshed out long before it enters the horribly-repressive system of "justice."

Sounds like the investigation is done... the guy states they have nearly 100,000 pages of docments or whatever... he also says that if this passes, it's not going to be easily undone... so the time for action is now...

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
No, that isn't what I said, not at all. What I did say is that this individual's delivery and demeanor painted him as someone playing with less than a full deck.

I think he was just trying hard to maintain people's attention for a topic he thought was important, but after reading a couple comments here it appears to have been counter-productive.