Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: OCer Gun Taken Killed Richmond

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    291

    OCer Gun Taken Killed Richmond

    SAD SAD SAD not sure if this is a repost.

    Good reminder that if your going to OC some type of Level II retention holster is probably a good thing. When I OC I use an ALS, and have a second concealed pocket pistol in my weekside pocket.

    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/n...ns-ar-1510369/
    Last edited by rob99vmi04; 12-23-2011 at 11:45 AM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Regular Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by rob99vmi04 View Post

    Good reminder that if your going to OC some type of Level II retention holster is probably a good thing. When I OC I use an ALS, and have a second concealed pocket pistol in my weekside pocket.
    I've read three accounts/interpretations of that murder on the gun forums:

    1. Victim was shot at the gas station and his (CC but visible) handgun was taken from him when down.

    2. Perp snatched the victim's OC handgun and ran. Subsequently shot the victim (with the victim's handgun) when the victim chased after him trying to recover his handgun.

    3. Victim was forcibly disarmed after words were exchanged and an argument/struggle ensued, subsequently shot with his own gun.

    Now that it's been awhile, have any credible reports provided more definition on exactly what happened?

    And 'rob99vmi04,' did you really mean your 'weak side' or do you only carry your BUG during the 'week' as opposed to weekends as well? If the latter, I'm curious why. I normally don't waste time on stuff like this but this one piqued my interest since the usage conveys a totally different meaning.
    Daily carry: SIG P229 .40 S&W

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    And 'rob99vmi04,' did you really mean your 'weak side' or do you only carry your BUG during the 'week' as opposed to weekends as well? If the latter, I'm curious why. I normally don't waste time on stuff like this but this one piqued my interest since the usage conveys a totally different meaning.
    Yes. He has a pocket that is unique to only the pants he wears on weekdays. That's not a ridiculous thing to assume at all, you making it an issue when you "normally don't waste time on" it is most definitely reelvant and understandable. Can't you infer that "weak" is what he meant without making it an issue in topic? It's pretty clear what he meant, both by the board we are on, the way it was used, and the fact that it "weak side" is commonly used in discussions of carry.

    What is with this board and the influx of low-post members picking apart words, playing games of etymology and semantics lately?
    Last edited by Curtis; 12-24-2011 at 11:01 AM.

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Yes. He has a pocket that is unique to only the pants he wears on weekdays. That's not a ridiculous thing to assume at all, you making it an issue when you "normally don't waste time on" it is most definitely reelvant and understandable. Can't you infer that "weak" is what he meant without making it an issue in topic? It's pretty clear what he meant, both by the board we are on, the way it was used, and the fact that it "weak side" is commonly used in discussions of carry. What is with this board and the influx of low-post members picking apart words, playing games of etymology and semantics lately?
    You noticed that too Curtis.. Wait....does that mean Forest as in a woods...or do they really mean Forrest Tucker. Why would we be looking for Forrest Tucker? Isn't he dead? This is deep. It could be as meaningful as the answer to what if Cat really spelled Dog.
    Last edited by peter nap; 12-24-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •