• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer Gun Taken Killed Richmond

Felix

Good reminder that if your going to OC some type of Level II retention holster is probably a good thing. When I OC I use an ALS, and have a second concealed pocket pistol in my weekside pocket.

I've read three accounts/interpretations of that murder on the gun forums:

1. Victim was shot at the gas station and his (CC but visible) handgun was taken from him when down.

2. Perp snatched the victim's OC handgun and ran. Subsequently shot the victim (with the victim's handgun) when the victim chased after him trying to recover his handgun.

3. Victim was forcibly disarmed after words were exchanged and an argument/struggle ensued, subsequently shot with his own gun.

Now that it's been awhile, have any credible reports provided more definition on exactly what happened?

And 'rob99vmi04,' did you really mean your 'weak side' or do you only carry your BUG during the 'week' as opposed to weekends as well? If the latter, I'm curious why. I normally don't waste time on stuff like this but this one piqued my interest since the usage conveys a totally different meaning.

curtiswr

And 'rob99vmi04,' did you really mean your 'weak side' or do you only carry your BUG during the 'week' as opposed to weekends as well? If the latter, I'm curious why. I normally don't waste time on stuff like this but this one piqued my interest since the usage conveys a totally different meaning.

Yes. He has a pocket that is unique to only the pants he wears on weekdays. That's not a ridiculous thing to assume at all, you making it an issue when you "normally don't waste time on" it is most definitely reelvant and understandable. Can't you infer that "weak" is what he meant without making it an issue in topic? It's pretty clear what he meant, both by the board we are on, the way it was used, and the fact that it "weak side" is commonly used in discussions of carry.

What is with this board and the influx of low-post members picking apart words, playing games of etymology and semantics lately?

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yes. He has a pocket that is unique to only the pants he wears on weekdays. That's not a ridiculous thing to assume at all, you making it an issue when you "normally don't waste time on" it is most definitely reelvant and understandable. Can't you infer that "weak" is what he meant without making it an issue in topic? It's pretty clear what he meant, both by the board we are on, the way it was used, and the fact that it "weak side" is commonly used in discussions of carry. What is with this board and the influx of low-post members picking apart words, playing games of etymology and semantics lately?
You noticed that too Curtis..:lol:
trees.jpg
Wait....does that mean Forest as in a woods...or do they really mean Forrest Tucker. Why would we be looking for Forrest Tucker? Isn't he dead? This is deep. It could be as meaningful as the answer to what if Cat really spelled Dog.

Last edited: