• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All gone quiet in Socal...

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
It would seem that the UOC of handguns has become a lost cause since our 25 person turnout for LGOC @ PB. I have seen Firemarks attempt to rally the troops at the last minute with a handgun only carry ( please open this to the LGOCs to as they are on the same side )on 12/30 in downtown san diego and our escondido branch organizing a LGOC in January 2012. Since portantinos AB144 has been voted in and due to become law on 1/1/12 . Personally I alternately carry my remington 870 with sling or my various handguns daily without any interference by local PD during the christmas shopping period. The lawsuit against Ca seems a little to late to affect the law on UOC of handguns. Once the lawsuit forces that citizens will be able to carry loaded open or concealed carry Ca will be a safer place (well we can all dream ) In the meantime please go about your daily business open carrying whatever weapons you all feel like carrying before we are legislated against. Merry Christmas to you all and stay safe and carry on

Firemark

Handgun only is just a request. As free citizens I can not make anyone nor would I try to make anyone do or not do something. If you show up carrying a long gun, you will not be turned away or scorned, the request was for last handgun carry to accentuate the fact it will be illegal very soon.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
No problem with that

Handgun only is just a request. As free citizens I can not make anyone nor would I try to make anyone do or not do something. If you show up carrying a long gun, you will not be turned away or scorned, the request was for last handgun carry to accentuate the fact it will be illegal very soon.
It just seemed you were attempting to exclude LGOC's from the event after all "they" also want the same goal. Allegedly there is breaking news forthcoming about CCW .........can't wait for that blockbuster

This State is so disapointing

At every turn our rights are actively being stripped away from us. I have never attended an open carry event and now it seems like I never will. The second amendment is so plainly spoken, "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed!" I don't know how else to classify AB 144 other than an infringement on my inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (armed). I just bought my first shotgun so I guess I will show support open carrying that, but as others have mentioned, it concerns me more than a holstered handgun which would never cause muzzle control issues.

Here is hoping we wake up and make our voices heard.

demnogis

wildhawker

You're right. They didn't BAN UOC of handguns, they just narrowed the scope down to 116+ very specific exemptions that us common rabble will not fit into. Unless, we're all going to become licensed security guards. Effectively it is a ban while technically it is not.

I'm not sure what you're reading, but those who want to carry handguns could drive a bus through AB 144.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Ok Brandon once the lawsuits are won.....

and everyone who is able gets a LTC or CCW permit or the allowance of LOC or UOC in cities and towns that allow due to not being incorporated then LGUOC is the only way to go. My handguns are away in the safe but my AR15 and shotgun are with me daily until this governmental screw up is beaten down to submission and California is more broke due to the to-ing and fro-ing with different lawsuits myself and others will have no alternative but to go LGUOC until further notice, I for one appreciate everyones efforts to get this matter dealt with soonest and get our right to bear arms back in its rightful place.

So when are we going to go ahead and "drive a bus" through the exemptions with an organized "Handgun UOC meetup" with the news agencies around to film us "driving a bus through the exemptions" while the local PD do not arrest us on a technicality that hasn't been proven...yet

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
and everyone who is able gets a LTC or CCW permit or the allowance of LOC or UOC in cities and towns that allow due to not being incorporated then LGUOC is the only way to go. My handguns are away in the safe but my AR15 and shotgun are with me daily until this governmental screw up is beaten down to submission and California is more broke due to the to-ing and fro-ing with different lawsuits myself and others will have no alternative but to go LGUOC until further notice, I for one appreciate everyones efforts to get this matter dealt with soonest and get our right to bear arms back in its rightful place.

So when are we going to go ahead and "drive a bus" through the exemptions with an organized "Handgun UOC meetup" with the news agencies around to film us "driving a bus through the exemptions" while the local PD do not arrest us on a technicality that hasn't been proven...yet

The status of any litigation over LTC is independent of the CGF analysis of AB144. The organization of a UOC meetup is reliant somewhat of the metaphorical first person to eat an oyster before everyone will be imitating slurping one off a half shell. There's no doubt that it is coming, the question of where remains.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Responsible citizens of california sacrificial lamb

The status of any litigation over LTC is independent of the CGF analysis of AB144. The organization of a UOC meetup is reliant somewhat of the metaphorical first person to eat an oyster before everyone will be imitating slurping one off a half shell. There's no doubt that it is coming, the question of where remains.
maybe there's someone ready to test these exemptions in the RC of Ca great analogy C3 but having read the exemptions it would seem that you have to be a non profit organization retired LEO in an incorporated city to qualify ....or maybe a private non profit militia group that benefits the local neighborhood (UOC neighborhood watch) sarcasm off.

Gundude

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
maybe there's someone ready to test these exemptions in the RC of Ca great analogy C3 but having read the exemptions it would seem that you have to be a non profit organization retired LEO in an incorporated city to qualify ....or maybe a private non profit militia group that benefits the local neighborhood (UOC neighborhood watch) sarcasm off.

This is not exclusive to non-profits and retired LEO. There are exemptions for licensed hunters, television and video productions, entertainment events, and others. I have pointed out that if you have a YouTube Channel and create videodocumentaries that you are exempted. This is something that many open carry advocates already do- which virtually changes nothing for them.

Are there any lawyers ready to step in and defend someone arrested for this? Mr Davis?

Im sure that attornies are more apt to provide their services to paying clients. This should be one of those occasions that we should feel compelled to consolidate our resourses to protect each other.

Last edited:

Firemark

I have pointed out that if you have a YouTube Channel and create videodocumentaries that you are exempted. This is something that many open carry advocates already do- which virtually changes nothing for them.

Im sure that attornies are more apt to provide their services to paying clients. This should be one of those occasions that we should feel compelled to consolidate our resourses to protect each other.

If I were a sneaky coniving DA I would see what other laws a UOC advocate might be infracting by performing his video documentary. Something along the lines of "wheres your permit for filming in the city?, where is your liability insurance as a videographer?" Where are your consent forms for everyone you are filming in public?"

Uoc while holding a camera and using a camera might bring out the administrative code nazis's. I believe the Calguns Wiki exemption #100 is the best bet for exemption, Non profit 501c3 practicing or performing ceremonies. Its extremely vague and very easy to prove membership status of a non profit.

Ca Patriot

face it, handgun open carry is dead in california. if it wasnt then people would be out doing it and posting their videos.

no videos = no open carry.

Gundude

If I were a sneaky coniving DA I would see what other laws a UOC advocate might be infracting by performing his video documentary. Something along the lines of "wheres your permit for filming in the city?, where is your liability insurance as a videographer?" Where are your consent forms for everyone you are filming in public?"

Uoc while holding a camera and using a camera might bring out the administrative code nazis's. I believe the Calguns Wiki exemption #100 is the best bet for exemption, Non profit 501c3 practicing or performing ceremonies. Its extremely vague and very easy to prove membership status of a non profit.

Search "stringers"
Do you need a permit to film anywhere?
Is there a law requiring insurance?
With all the video surveilance going on in this country, I doubt you need anyones permission to record in public.

Ca Patriot

Search "stringers"
Do you need a permit to film anywhere?
Is there a law requiring insurance?
With all the video surveilance going on in this country, I doubt you need anyones permission to record in public.

As a photographer I know first hand that almost every city in So Cal requires a permit to film or photograph. Some cities codes dont make a distinction between commerical or private. They also require HUGE insurance policies.
In my experience if you keep it low key and dont have much equipment most cities dont mind. LA City, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Hollywood are the worst.

markm

face it, handgun open carry is dead in california. if it wasnt then people would be out doing it and posting their videos.

no videos = no open carry.

Two Weeks!

Our civil liberties will be reinstated in just two weeks!

I keep hearing this from people who support democrat politicians with their money and their votes. In return they get CCWs.

Two more weeks!

I have been duped again.:mad: