• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking about OCing in Benewah & Kootenai County

Pat Gardner

Hello my name is Pat and i live in Benewah County, "Plummer" and im thinking about OCing my .22cal model 88, "9 shot revolver". Can i open carry with my gun loaded? thanks everyone

oldbanger

Welcome to OCDO Pat

Yes you are good to go

In Idaho you can open carry a firearm if you are over 18 and you can conceal carry with a license as follows:-

(11) The sheriff of a county may issue a license to carry a concealed weapon to those individuals between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21) years who in the judgment of the sheriff warrant the issuance of the license to carry a concealed weapon. Such issuance shall be subject to limitations which the issuing authority deems appropriate. Licenses issued to individuals between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21) years shall be easily distinguishable from regular licenses.

http://legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title18/T18CH33SECT18-3302.htm

Pat Gardner

Thanks for letting me know, hey big Deeeeee since you live in post falls are walmart & cabala's a oc friendly store? as my wife and i go there alot.

hermannr

Hej Pat! Plummer eh? I'm supposed to have relatives in Plummer, never met them though.

WalMart corporate policy is whatever the state law is. ID (and WA) is such that unlicensed OC is perfectly legal... Carry on.

Thor80

Thanks for letting me know, hey big Deeeeee since you live in post falls are walmart & cabala's a oc friendly store? as my wife and i go there alot.

Cabelas is good to go also. I carry there. The sign to check your weapon is only if you are getting it serviced/trading/holster fitting. If you're just shopping and you dont "plan" on removing your sidearm from the holster then no need to check it.

-Thor

Joev

I'm in Post Falls but have carried for the last couple yrs all over north ID, western MT, and eastern WA without issue.

Just my 2 cents.... Washington does not recognize Idaho's CCW.

What are the laws regarding a firearm in an automobile in Washington?
Without a Washington concealed weapon permit, your firearm must be unloaded. If you leave the firearm in your vehicle the vehicle must be locked and the pistol must be out of view.

What are the laws regarding open carry in Washington?
Open carry in Washington is not restricted by state law (other than those places listed above where concealed carry is prohibited). It is strongly recommended that you avoid any appearance of threatening someone i.e. handling your gun idling, etc as this could result in arrest and prosecution.

Carry On!!!!