• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surprise! A mayor against illegal guns is a hypocrite

Dave Workman

Okay, I get it...Only elite mayors are supposed to carry guns. An maybe their bodyguards.

CCW rush surprises media elite, authorities, except for one AL mayor perhaps

A continuing rise in the number of concealed pistol licenses in Washington State appears to be part of a national trend that suggests something public officials and the media elite do not seem to grasp.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...e-authorities-except-for-one-al-mayor-perhaps

Dreamer

An let us not forget that regardless of Mayor Jones' status with regards to his carry permit, he admitted in the newspaper that "at no time did he feel threatened" by the intruder, and yet he drew his gun, pointed it at the man, and held him at gunpoint.

Under Alabama law, he is at the VERY least, guilty of "Menacing" (under § 13A-6-23) and Assault in the Second Degree (§ 13A-6-21), Reckelss Endangerment (§ 13A-6-24), and perhaps even "Unlawful Imprisonment" (under § 13A-6-41)...

The status of his carry permit would be the LEAST of his worries if he were an ordinary citizen, because defending one's property is NOT covered under AL's "Castle Doctrine" as a justifiable situation for the use or threat of use of deadly force.

Luckily for Mayor Jones, he is a member of the anointed Ruling Class, and therefore the rules by which we mere commoners must abide to not apply to people like him...

<sarcasm OFF>

Doble Troble

Let us hope...

...that every Alabaman will write a letter to their local paper condemning this clear double-standard, and call-out MAIG for what they really are: "Mayors FOR Making Guns Illegal (except for me and my bodyguard)".

Redbaron007

What's that old saying..........'Do as I say, not as I do'. :rolleyes:

Used to live in that city....good ole buddy network will keep him from any issues...other than he needs additional bodyguard. :rolleyes:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Luckily for Mayor Jones, he is a member of the anointed Ruling Class...

He's an elected member of the public servant class. He's deluded himself into appointing himself to any "ruling" class.

...and therefore the rules by which we mere commoners must abide to not apply to people like him...

Sadly, that's the "holier/mightier than thou" attitude that's all too common among those elected by liberals. It's almost as if they don't have enough self-esteem to accept their role as active citizens of our Republic, and are more comfortable bowing down to an elected elite.

Constitutionally, that's not the role of elected officials in our form of Government! If they want a ruler, they should defect to N. Korea. I hear their "Supreme Leader" would love to enslave some Americans.