Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: high school student saves teachers life after being attacked by another teacher

high school student saves teachers life after being attacked by another teacher

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-teache...,2255944.story

few random snips from the article

Dozens of teens and teachers froze as they say 40-year-old Ronette Ricketts(a teacher) began viciously stabbing fellow English teacher Cynthia Glozier. 3 wounds to the head, 2 puncture wounds to the neck, a dozen more to her back and body.

6 foot, 220 pound Poughkeepsie Senior Justin Richardson saw the attack from the end of the hallway. A Championship linebacker, he said all his coach's training just kicked in.

"I saw Ms. Ricketts just hammering her in the side of head. I saw a lot of blood. It was shocking. I just jammed her really hard to get the screwdriver fly out of her hand. If I didn't step in she would have killed her."

Many here say it looked like 40-year-old Ronette Ricketts was intent on killing 54-year-old Cynthia Glozier. The attack was captured on surveillance video, now in police possession.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-teache...,2255944.story

few random snips from the article

Dozens of teens and teachers froze as they say 40-year-old Ronette Ricketts(a teacher) began viciously stabbing fellow English teacher Cynthia Glozier. 3 wounds to the head, 2 puncture wounds to the neck, a dozen more to her back and body.

6 foot, 220 pound Poughkeepsie Senior Justin Richardson saw the attack from the end of the hallway. A Championship linebacker, he said all his coach's training just kicked in.

"I saw Ms. Ricketts just hammering her in the side of head. I saw a lot of blood. It was shocking. I just jammed her really hard to get the screwdriver fly out of her hand. If I didn't step in she would have killed her."

Many here say it looked like 40-year-old Ronette Ricketts was intent on killing 54-year-old Cynthia Glozier. The attack was captured on surveillance video, now in police possession.
    Screwdrivers need to only be in the hands of licensed professionals at schools. And registered.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Centurion
    The attacker is free on bail according to the linked report. A question or two...

Will she face the same "ZERO TOLERANCE" penalty that so many STUDENTS face with "weapons" at school? or will her Teacher's Union seek to have her treated for the "PTSD" like the OHIO police officer's union is doing for the OPO MR. Harless (I will not refer to him as a "Law Enforcement Officer" as he is per the videos an OPINION ENFORCEMENT OFFICER).
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

I bet it was it a full-auto screwdriver. There should be a law!
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Proof that prohibiting gun use does nothing to keep the crazies away.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    I bet it was it a full-auto screwdriver. There should be a law!
    But was it a high-capacity screwdriver with a magazine for multiple bits?

Probably Eric Holder was in on walking screwdrivers into our classrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    But was it a high-capacity screwdriver with a magazine for multiple bits?

Probably Eric Holder was in on walking screwdrivers into our classrooms.
    don't you mean clip?
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Not attempted Murder?

I do not understand why the attacker is free on bond? This was a heinous crime.

They also did not charge her with attempted murder.

Here is another take on the story.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...sault-kill-her

What is 1st degree attempted assault? Doesn't appear she attempted anything, she succeeded.

Students packed the courthouse to show support for her? Unbelievable!!!

And why weren't they in school?

Young Mr. Richardson deserves a medal. And it's a rare student who can legally tackle a teacher. Wow.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Students packed the courthouse to show support for her? Unbelievable!!!

And why weren't they in school?

Young Mr. Richardson deserves a medal. And it's a rare student who can legally tackle a teacher. Wow.
    Yeah, really. He's not on suspension for assault and battery or some other breech of school rules?
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Very proud of that boy.
    He should get an award & the attacker should be charged w/ attempted murder, as well as possession of a weapon in a school zone.

In the student handbook @ a college I attended they forbade any fighting, even self-defense.
    They said that by admitting you struck someone in self-defense you were admitting to fighting, but that might be taken into account when deciding your punishment for fighting.
    Abso-blippin-lute asinine idiocy.

And yes, they banned carry as soon as it was legal. (But didn't install metal detectors or anything else that would actually keep people safer.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Screwdrivers need to only be in the hands of licensed professionals at schools. And registered.
    That's off the map, but not nearly enough. We need to ensure all screwdrivers, knives, ice-picks, tire irons, broken bottles, and sharp sticks have their own unique serial number. Constitution will be suspended as police raid every residence in the U.S. to search for and confiscate these dangerous tools. Anyone wishing to continue using these dangerous tools must attend a mandatory, $250, 3-day weapons orientation course designed primarily to brainwash you into registering everything including that lava lamp Aunt Gertrude gave you in 1973, as well as to teach you how to rapidly and accurately snitch on everyone you know.

No purchase of these or many other dangerous tools can be made without a valid, current dangerous tools license (DTL), and the use or possession of dangerous tools without a license (UPDTWAL i.e. "up the wall") will be punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment not to exceed $10,000 and/or or five years.

Because shoelaces falls into this category, all shoes sold to minors must use velcro closures.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    That's off the map, but not nearly enough. We need to ensure all screwdrivers, knives, ice-picks, tire irons, broken bottles, and sharp sticks have their own unique serial number. Constitution will be suspended as police raid every residence in the U.S. to search for and confiscate these dangerous tools. Anyone wishing to continue using these dangerous tools must attend a mandatory, $250, 3-day weapons orientation course designed primarily to brainwash you into registering everything including that lava lamp Aunt Gertrude gave you in 1973, as well as to teach you how to rapidly and accurately snitch on everyone you know.

No purchase of these or many other dangerous tools can be made without a valid, current dangerous tools license (DTL), and the use or possession of dangerous tools without a license (UPDTWAL i.e. "up the wall") will be punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment not to exceed $10,000 and/or or five years.

Because shoelaces falls into this category, all shoes sold to minors must use velcro closures.
    THIS post was amazing. The lulz have flowed like a river today...

Anyone wishing to use a screw driver shorter than 16 inches in length can apply for a short screw driver tax stamp at the cost of $200 USD payable to the BATF
    Last edited by Schlitz; 12-24-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

What was the student thinking? He should have just called the police instead of tackling in such close proximity to the victim or other bystanders. What if he tackled into someone else?!

Quote Originally Posted by shastadude17 View Post
    What was the student thinking? He should have just called the police instead of tackling in such close proximity to the victim or other bystanders. What if he tackled into someone else?!
    Let's just be thankful he didn't draw his own screw driver and possibly screw drive a bystander.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

They need to propose a bill banning assault hardware. The Police are there to "Serve & Protect". It's what they're trained and paid to do. It's just unnecessary risk getting involved. It's better to be a good witness than to risk anything else.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by shastadude17 View Post
    They need to propose a bill banning assault hardware. The Police are there to "Serve & Protect". It's what they're trained and paid to do. It's just unnecessary risk getting involved. It's better to be a good witness than to risk anything else.
    With a total post count of 4, I don't see enough of a pattern to determine if this quoted post is SARCASM or not. Assuming a positive intent I THINK it is Sarcasm especially since some of my own posts haven't been recognized as the intended humor they were or as sarcasm.

And welcome to the forum!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    With a total post count of 4, I don't see enough of a pattern to determine if this quoted post is SARCASM or not. Assuming a positive intent I THINK it is Sarcasm especially since some of my own posts haven't been recognized as the intended humor they were or as sarcasm.

And welcome to the forum!
    he was just kidding

Activist Member
    This couldn't have happened in the great state of Florida because our school zones are "weapons free". She probably just didn't know that assault was illegal. Obviously this school needs to post more appropriate signs, such as "assault free zone". Shame on the school board for making such a costly error!

I thought only guns killed and hurt people?? this changes everything
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Check out this "assault screw driver"... you can tell because it's black and there's some writing on the side....

Also, the price... it sold for $2,990.00 (wtf?!?!)

http://rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm...r331&Currency=

http://rmauctions.com/AuctionResults...y=Memorabilia#
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 12-28-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Phillips head or standard? Either way, this is really screwed up.

aww too soon...those jokes may be seen as a stab at someone.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Yeah, joking about the weapon may be seen as a tad insensitive by some but it does serve to point out the absurdity that there are so many things that can kill/maim people yet we trust people to have these items, unless it is a firearm.

When it comes to a firearm, oh my, it is just too much of a risk to let anyone (except the chosen) have one according to the anti's.

Hurt is hurt, dead is dead, it does not matter what tool was used to commit the damage.

It is the person committing the crime with the tool that is the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast