• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

high school student saves teachers life after being attacked by another teacher

HKcarrier

Check out this "assault screw driver"... you can tell because it's black and there's some writing on the side....

BC06_r331_1.jpg

Also, the price... it sold for $2,990.00 (wtf?!?!)

http://rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=BC06&CarID=r331&Currency=

http://rmauctions.com/AuctionResults.cfm?SaleCode=BC06&SortBy=LN&View=Normal&Category=Memorabilia#

Last edited:

rscottie

Yeah, joking about the weapon may be seen as a tad insensitive by some but it does serve to point out the absurdity that there are so many things that can kill/maim people yet we trust people to have these items, unless it is a firearm.

When it comes to a firearm, oh my, it is just too much of a risk to let anyone (except the chosen) have one according to the anti's.

Hurt is hurt, dead is dead, it does not matter what tool was used to commit the damage.

It is the person committing the crime with the tool that is the problem.

Neplusultra

Check out this "assault screw driver"... you can tell because it's black and there's some writing on the side....

BC06_r331_1.jpg

Also, the price... it sold for $2,990.00 (wtf?!?!)

Obviously this is a class III full auto assault screwdriver. Due to the 1968 screwdriver control act it is now prohibitively expensive to own one since they aren't making any more for the civilian market.....

45acpForMe

Obviously this is a class III full auto assault screwdriver. Due to the 1968 screwdriver control act it is now prohibitively expensive to own one since they aren't making any more for the civilian market.....

Yes the newer full auto models that we will never be able to own because they were invented after 1986 have features like vertical grips, battery packs etc. Here is one of my favorite military grade screw drivers:

electric-drill.jpg

If I put that vertical grip on my semi-auto screw driver I would have to get a tax stamp as a short barrelled screw driver!

Sangre

Props to the kid for not just standing around like everybody else and watching her get murdered. The memories of High School still fresh in my mind, this really upsets me. I don't understand how all those people could just stand there and watch, although I can't help to think that it was related to school policies regarding fighting. When I was in HS, my backpack weighted a fairly decent amount, and could have easily distracted someone if they got smacked with it without me having to get close enough to be in range of even the highest caliber screwdriver.

When I was in High School there was, like in most schools, a zero-tolerance policy against violence, which I understand and support. However, the Principle's policy was also that even if somebody attacked you, that you should not do anything, and that it was the faculties job to help you. If you engaged in any sort of physical confrontation, regardless of whether you where defending yourself or not you would suspended for the maximum possible length able to be given out by him of of 2 weeks, and recommended to some sort of conduct board for permanent expulsion, and that you would have charges pressed against you. His idea was that you should run away, and that nobody could possible get hurt in a school environment with all the teachers and one local PD "Resource Officer" who was usually around during regular school hours.

Later that year, a Freshman student was jumped in the hallway by two Seniors. He tried to run away, but this was in the middle of a class change and there was a wall of onlooking students blocking his escape. He had no choice but to try to fight back. He got off two punches hitting one of the kids in the face twice, giving him a black eye. Then another Senior joined in with the attackers, the victim ended up on the ground getting kicked repeatedly. The attackers then ran off, leaving the victim behind unconscious, with a pool of blood and teeth around him. The victim was suspended for 2 weeks for trying to defend himself, all of the attackers where expelled, two of them went to jail. The victim ended up not returning to the school, he suffered minor brain damage and a serious kidney issue. He was in the hospital for 3 months before he was released.

lil_freak_66

see stuff like that is where id file a lawsuit against the school. on the grounds that since it is a public entity, and the student obviously had a lawful reason to be there, that punishing the student for self defense would go against the state self defense act.

(2) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses force other than deadly force may use force other than deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if he or she honestly and reasonably believes that the use of that force is necessary to defend himself or herself or another individual from the imminent unlawful use of force by another individual.

My guess would be that a public entity could not techically/legally suspend a kid for self defense from another if the above conditions are met, and to do so would contradict state law which cannot be over ruled by a pitiful little school district

HKcarrier

Lots of schools are like that these days... if the kids fight back, they get suspended... nice anti-bully policy... my GF's kid got smacked around pretty bad by some LITTLE punk kid... Gf's son could have whooped him but was scared of getting suspended... little kid continued to whale on him even after teacher's interviened... Managed to give him a pretty good gash above his eye AFTER the teachers got involved. This happened JUST OUTSIDE A CLASSROOM. RETARDED policy.

Last edited:

Daylen

Lots of schools are like that these days... if the kids fight back, they get suspended... nice anti-bully policy... my GF's kid got smacked around pretty bad by some LITTLE punk kid... Gf's son could have whooped him but was scared of getting suspended... little kid continued to whale on him even after teacher's interviened... Managed to give him a pretty good gash above his eye AFTER the teachers got involved. This happened JUST OUTSIDE A CLASSROOM. RETARDED policy.

Sometimes letting the kid know that in some cases they should think of suspension as a holiday instead of punishment might be good. And a free bit of info on schools, parents showing up and defending their kid is a good way to get the school to back down from any policy. Following up a second time with a lawyer will usually convince the school to quit (assuming the policy is bs and/or violates a kid's rights). Most schools don't have the budget to fight lawsuits, especially if they might loose.