Thread: Garbage story: Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world

Garbage story: Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Haha. I left a comment on this video a few days ago. Something to the effect of open carry ftw.
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

carrier is wearing a helmet, GLOVES, and retention holster UNDER A SHIRT

carrier sits in same spot every time

active shooter is an experienced SWAT member

active shooter/swat member knows exact location of carrier in every scenario

"nearly missing" a random person is somehow the equivalent to taking their live

complete morons buy into this story

/drunk rant on OCDO
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

According to this sort of "logic," unless someone has also had months of training, and retrains frequently, at CPR, home fire suppression and operating a motor vehicle in stressful emergency situations, then he/she is better off not rendering aid to a person not breathing, or attacking a home fire at its start, or ever, ever operating a motor vehicle.

I guess that society is safer when we are all trained to be helpless victims.

I would have loved to have been the subject of that experiment.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

This video has been around for a while and was actually posted on this website at one point.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I would have loved to have been the subject of that experiment.
    Me too, but it's a hatchet job with inexperienced kids, not former military who have been shooting/carrying for decades. Typical abc ********.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    carrier is wearing a helmet, GLOVES, and retention holster UNDER A SHIRT

carrier sits in same spot every time

active shooter is an experienced SWAT member

active shooter/swat member knows exact location of carrier in every scenario

"nearly missing" a random person is somehow the equivalent to taking their live

complete morons buy into this story

/drunk rant on OCDO
    Concur 100%

This was a hack job from the first word.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    This video has been around for a while and was actually posted on this website at one point.
    Very recently....plus it's been going around in emails....again!

I would counter that video with the real scenario that happened in a Detroit PD precinct last January. lamar Moore walks into the front lobby and manages to shoot and wound 4 officers before he is shot dead. The bogus video proves NOTHING. The precinct shooting video proves that even TRAINED POLICE OFFICERS CAN BE VICTIMS TOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Me too, but it's a hatchet job with inexperienced kids, not former military who have been shooting/carrying for decades. Typical abc ********.
    I know. Alas, I saw the video. Had I been the subject when I was in college, the results would likely have been very similar.

It's been a long time since I graduated college.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.