Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCDL Lobby Day 1/16/12 - Breakfast - River City Diner - 0630/0700 till 0800

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

VCDL Lobby Day 1/16/12 - Breakfast - River City Diner - 0630/0700 till 0800

VCDL Lobby Day 2012 - Breakfast - River City Diner - 0630/0700 till 0800.
    803 E Parham Rd, Richmond, VA 23227-1107 Facebook Event Link: http://www.facebook.com/events/327078363978170/ Hope to see you there.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    VCDL Lobby Day 2012 - Breakfast - River City Diner - 0630/0700 till 0800.
    803 E Parham Rd, Richmond, VA 23227-1107

Facebook Event Link:
    http://www.facebook.com/events/327078363978170/

Hope to see you there.
    How many pigs had to die to supply that plate with bacon, Ed???

I'm in a carpool, and not the driver, so it depends on the driver's schedule. But I'll suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riana View Post
    How many pigs had to die to supply that plate with bacon, Ed???

I'm in a carpool, and not the driver, so it depends on the driver's schedule. But I'll suggest it.
    I'm the driver and for all that bacon I am not at all opposed to the idea!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

That looks like an agreeable photo to me, but my doctor would disagree. I'll have some bacon, but that plateful would make my blood-sugar-meter explode!

We'll see y'all there @ 0700 or earlier...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

It's confirmed. Myself plus three will be there bright and early. Can't wait to see everybody.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I wouldn't miss it!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    We've been dealt a decent hand for a change - it's going to be a full house
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    It's confirmed. Myself plus three will be there bright and early. Can't wait to see everybody.
    I guess I'll be there early (since I'm one of the three). As long as I either get a nap or a gallon of coffee on the way down, I'll be bright, too.

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    I will be there with MSC 45ACP who has already responded. Never had breakfast in Richmond before. Hope it is good. My wife has me spoiled for good, filling breakfasts EVERY morning! Huuuaahhh?
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Thumbs up

I hope to attend as well. Need to coordinate with DonTread and see if he's game for a ride-share again this year.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I'll be there as well, plus a few.

Going to try and go with Wylde. Not sure if I am driving yet. But if I make it up to LD, we will be coming here too im sure.

I'll be there to perform supervisory duties and make sure Ed washes his hands before he eats.

Can't wait until Monday morning - see everyone there!

We will be to the left when you come in - Courtney and the rest of the RCD will be ready for us.

River City Diner Get directions
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

I'm planning on being there...,

but with all these folks attending, is our usual little corner of the RCD world going to hold all those folks, or will we need to seize the "Conference Room" as we did last Saturday?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post
    but with all these folks attending, is our usual little corner of the RCD world going to hold all those folks, or will we need to seize the "Conference Room" as we did last Saturday?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.
    Already got that covered. Turn left, not right when you come in the door. We may have the whole East Wing if we need it.

Looks like I'll be meeting a couple fellows from this area and dragging my 14 year-old daughter along, too. Look forward to seeing y'all. I hope to be able to last until noon, but I'll have to pace myself. I may not be doing as much walking in the building as I did 2 years ago. Old injuries are catching up to me and slowing me down a bit.

...Counting down the HOURS.

mike
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Looks like I'll be meeting a couple fellows from this area and dragging my 14 year-old daughter along, too. Look forward to seeing y'all. I hope to be able to last until noon, but I'll have to pace myself. I may not be doing as much walking in the building as I did 2 years ago. Old injuries are catching up to me and slowing me down a bit.

...Counting down the HOURS.

mike
    Mike -

Consider bringing a small folding camp/dove stool with you - might come in handy particularly at the Bell Tower. One of our other members cleared that with the Capital Police even for inside the GAB, so you could use it there too. Then there are the comfy seats in the House of Delegates and various committee rooms. We need people to cover these events too.

Note don't head for the Senate gallery though as guns are not permitted there by Senate Rules - don't think that has changed.

Will be good to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Mike -

Consider bringing a small folding camp/dove stool with you - might come in handy particularly at the Bell Tower. One of our other members cleared that with the Capital Police even for inside the GAB, so you could use it there too. Then there are the comfy seats in the House of Delegates and various committee rooms. We need people to cover these events too.

Note don't head for the Senate gallery though as guns are not permitted there by Senate Rules - don't think that has changed.

Will be good to see you again.
    Thank you for thinking about me, Brother Grapeshot! Way ahead of you. Read recent post on HR page. Cleaning out the car and re-packing it this weekend. Shannon is also looking forward to seeing you again. She's grown quite a bit int he 2 years since you saw her last... We watched the 2010 Lobby Day video last night and laughed about how much she has changed since then... She's really chomping at the bit to be able to OC. Still 3 years away. She'll be 15 next month.
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Thank you for thinking about me, Brother Grapeshot! Way ahead of you. Read recent post on HR page. Cleaning out the car and re-packing it this weekend. Shannon is also looking forward to seeing you again. She's grown quite a bit int he 2 years since you saw her last... We watched the 2010 Lobby Day video last night and laughed about how much she has changed since then... She's really chomping at the bit to be able to OC. Still 3 years away. She'll be 15 next month.
    Offer her an empty holster to wear - it makes a profound statement and it will offer her the opportunity to discuss her thinking with those that ask about it. Look forward to see Shannon again too.

Thanks for the idea. I hadn't thought about that before. I'll rummage around the garage for a holster for her today.

m
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Group of 5 here in a dark green 04 jetta. Myself, Wylde, DonTreadOnMe + girl , and Magik_sack .

Hope they have extra waitresses lol.
    Mud Blood and Oil with a great dane along for the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDaneMan View Post
    Group of 5 here in a dark green 04 jetta. Myself, Wylde, DonTreadOnMe + girl , and Magik_sack .

Hope they have extra waitresses lol.
    Does that car float?
    Departing from Cuba or Haiti and going to Miami???

I thought it was gonna be cozy in my Murano with 4...
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast