• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Lobby Day 1/16/12 - Breakfast - River City Diner - 0630/0700 till 0800

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
VCDL Lobby Day 2012 - Breakfast - River City Diner - 0630/0700 till 0800.
803 E Parham Rd, Richmond, VA 23227-1107 Facebook Event Link: http://www.facebook.com/events/327078363978170/ Hope to see you there.
bacon-gun-breakfast.jpg

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
:eek: How many pigs had to die to supply that plate with bacon, Ed???

I'm in a carpool, and not the driver, so it depends on the driver's schedule. But I'll suggest it.

I'm the driver and for all that bacon I am not at all opposed to the idea!

MSC 45ACP

That looks like an agreeable photo to me, but my doctor would disagree. I'll have some bacon, but that plateful would make my blood-sugar-meter explode!

We'll see y'all there @ 0700 or earlier...

Riana

It's confirmed. Myself plus three will be there bright and early. Can't wait to see everybody.

I guess I'll be there early (since I'm one of the three). As long as I either get a nap or a gallon of coffee on the way down, I'll be bright, too. :cool:

Old Virginia Joe

I will be there with MSC 45ACP who has already responded. Never had breakfast in Richmond before. Hope it is good. My wife has me spoiled for good, filling breakfasts EVERY morning! Huuuaahhh?

IanB

I'll be there to perform supervisory duties and make sure Ed washes his hands before he eats.

sidestreet

I'm planning on being there...,

but with all these folks attending, is our usual little corner of the RCD world going to hold all those folks, or will we need to seize the "Conference Room" as we did last Saturday?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
but with all these folks attending, is our usual little corner of the RCD world going to hold all those folks, or will we need to seize the "Conference Room" as we did last Saturday?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Already got that covered. Turn left, not right when you come in the door. We may have the whole East Wing if we need it.:banana:

MSC 45ACP

Looks like I'll be meeting a couple fellows from this area and dragging my 14 year-old daughter along, too. Look forward to seeing y'all. I hope to be able to last until noon, but I'll have to pace myself. I may not be doing as much walking in the building as I did 2 years ago. Old injuries are catching up to me and slowing me down a bit.

...Counting down the HOURS.

mike

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looks like I'll be meeting a couple fellows from this area and dragging my 14 year-old daughter along, too. Look forward to seeing y'all. I hope to be able to last until noon, but I'll have to pace myself. I may not be doing as much walking in the building as I did 2 years ago. Old injuries are catching up to me and slowing me down a bit.

...Counting down the HOURS.

mike

Mike -

Consider bringing a small folding camp/dove stool with you - might come in handy particularly at the Bell Tower. One of our other members cleared that with the Capital Police even for inside the GAB, so you could use it there too. Then there are the comfy seats in the House of Delegates and various committee rooms. We need people to cover these events too.

Note don't head for the Senate gallery though as guns are not permitted there by Senate Rules - don't think that has changed.

Will be good to see you again.