• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Lobby Day 1/16/12 - Breakfast - River City Diner - 0630/0700 till 0800

MSC 45ACP

Mike -

Consider bringing a small folding camp/dove stool with you - might come in handy particularly at the Bell Tower. One of our other members cleared that with the Capital Police even for inside the GAB, so you could use it there too. Then there are the comfy seats in the House of Delegates and various committee rooms. We need people to cover these events too.

Note don't head for the Senate gallery though as guns are not permitted there by Senate Rules - don't think that has changed.

Will be good to see you again.

Thank you for thinking about me, Brother Grapeshot! Way ahead of you. Read recent post on HR page. Cleaning out the car and re-packing it this weekend. Shannon is also looking forward to seeing you again. She's grown quite a bit int he 2 years since you saw her last... We watched the 2010 Lobby Day video last night and laughed about how much she has changed since then... She's really chomping at the bit to be able to OC. Still 3 years away. She'll be 15 next month.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thank you for thinking about me, Brother Grapeshot! Way ahead of you. Read recent post on HR page. Cleaning out the car and re-packing it this weekend. Shannon is also looking forward to seeing you again. She's grown quite a bit int he 2 years since you saw her last... We watched the 2010 Lobby Day video last night and laughed about how much she has changed since then... She's really chomping at the bit to be able to OC. Still 3 years away. She'll be 15 next month.

Offer her an empty holster to wear - it makes a profound statement and it will offer her the opportunity to discuss her thinking with those that ask about it. Look forward to see Shannon again too.

GreatDaneMan

Group of 5 here in a dark green 04 jetta. Myself, Wylde, DonTreadOnMe + girl , and Magik_sack .

Hope they have extra waitresses lol.

GreatDaneMan

Does that car float?
Departing from Cuba or Haiti and going to Miami???

I thought it was gonna be cozy in my Murano with 4...

Ha. I had a 92 2 door S10 blazer... Four people in the backseast. Three in the front. Two in the back cargo area holding guitars. :lol: I occasionally roadie for a band and would fit as much equipment and people as possible.
I have put 2 great danes in the back of the Jetta. And a 400 lb guy, a 150 pound great dane, and my 250 lb (at the time) self in the backseat of a 90s Sonata. I am good at coordinating cuban tours.

Heres when I had 6.
35972_1454030755617_1378753457_31408358_25952_n.jpg

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Group of 5 here in a dark green 04 jetta. Myself, Wylde, DonTreadOnMe + girl , and Magik_sack .

Hope they have extra waitresses lol.

Keep in mind that there is no valet parking this early in the day.

Service at RCD will undoubtedly be handled with the usual aplomb + they already know our schedule.

MSC 45ACP

Shannon and I are excited about seeing everyone tomorrow. She'll be wearing my old LE gun belt. I 'spose they would frown on it still having handcuffs and ASP still attached? Anyone know if this is legal or not? They certainly aren't concealed, but can a 14 year-old carry them?

msc

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Shannon and I are excited about seeing everyone tomorrow. She'll be wearing my old LE gun belt. I 'spose they would frown on it still having handcuffs and ASP still attached? Anyone know if this is legal or not? They certainly aren't concealed, but can a 14 year-old carry them?

msc

18.2-308 does refer to spring sticks which has been interpreted as push button/automatic as in the ASP, not gravity openers. That is the code section on concealed carry, if she were OCing it there might be some huddling. Might be better to avoid this time. Why not just an empty holder to accompany the empty holster?

The handcuff issue has to my knowledge never been addressed by code - though I have seen them used as a weapon, have never seen them classified as such. I wanna see the expression on the officer's face if she brings them & she goes through the metal detector. :lol: Me - I'd avoid only 'cause its distracting from the issue, but hay if she wants to....

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
18.2-308 does refer to spring sticks which has been interpreted as push button/automatic as in the ASP, not gravity openers. That is the code section on concealed carry, if she were OCing it there might be some huddling. Might be better to avoid this time. Why not just an empty holder to accompany the empty holster?

The handcuff issue has to my knowledge never been addressed by code - though I have seen them used as a weapon, have never seen them classified as such. I wanna see the expression on the officer's face if she brings them & she goes through the metal detector. :lol: Me - I'd avoid only 'cause its distracting from the issue, but hay if she wants to....

If there is a prblem, I'll be on FRS channel 4 (and marine channel 68).
Call me on preferably the FRS channel and I'll get over to you as quickly as possible.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This should be the beginning of a great legislative session.

Thank you in advance for your efforts and responses,

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

ALL HAIL!

speed41ae

Someone asked me about the amateur handheld radio that I had at breakfast and I have forgotten your OCDO handle. Please PM me and I will send you a link to the correct model to purchase.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Was fantastic to see so many ol' friends at breakfast - lost count at 50 !!! Hope everybody ate their fill. Shannon and Brookie have grown so much - I could hardly believe it. Both are very attractive and poised young ladies, knowledgeable on 2A rights,and a pleasure to talk to.

You guys n' gals are the "go to people" when the gettin' needs doing. You stand tall - I'm proud to say I know you!