Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 141

Thread: Va GOP Primary choice: Anti-gun Romney or bat-crazy Paul

  1. #1
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Va GOP Primary choice: Anti-gun Romney or bat-crazy Paul

    This makes me almost literally sick to my stomach. The Virginia GOP primary ballot will have only Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.

    TFred

    http://news.yahoo.com/gingrich-virgi...154129618.html

    Republican Gingrich out of Virginia primary election

    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Leading Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has failed to meet the requirements to be in the presidential primary election in Virginia, where he resides, the state's Republican Party said.

    Gingrich had been leading in a poll of Virginia voters and a spokesman for the former speaker of the House of Representatives defiantly pledged to run a write-in campaign for the March 6 vote. However, Virginia does not permit write-ins in primary elections, according to the state code.

    The Virginia Republican Party also said Texas Governor Rick Perry's petitions also had failed to qualify him for the ballot. Only former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and Texas Congressman Ron Paul qualified.

    Three other members of the Republican field trying to unseat Democratic President Barack Obama - former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman, Minnesota Representative Michele Bachmann and former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum - did not meet the Thursday deadline for submitting petitions.
    See link above for rest of article.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burke/Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    998
    Ron Paul all the way!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552

    Thumbs down

    Ummm...so, according to you, TFred, the one candidate who is 100% pro-Constitution, 100% pro-2A, 100% pro-Washingtonian/Jeffersonian foreign policy, 100% pro-limited government, with no equivocation or flip-flopping whatsoever, is "bat-crazy."

    Your thought process makes me sick to my stomach.

  4. #4
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    is "bat-crazy.
    Yes. Period. No further discussion required.

    Any person who thinks it's OK for Iran to own and control nuclear weapons is certifiably bat-crazy. You can take that to the bank.

    But just to stay on track, this post is about the fact that the other contenders are not even going to be on the ballot. That is simply wrong.

    TFred

  5. #5
    Regular Member Riana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    But just to stay on track, this post is about the fact that the other contenders are not even going to be on the ballot. That is simply wrong.
    Three of them didn't even try (Santorum, Bachmann, and Huntsman) and the two that were disqualified simply didn't try hard enough (Perry and Gingrich).

    Maybe they thought Virginia wasn't going to be important enough in terms of electoral votes?

    You can always write in the candidate you wanted, since neither of the ones on the ballot are your pick.
    Last edited by Riana; 12-24-2011 at 04:12 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Riana View Post
    Three of them didn't even try (Santorum, Bachmann, and Huntsman) and the two that were disqualified simply didn't try hard enough (Perry and Gingrich).

    Maybe they thought Virginia wasn't going to be important enough in terms of electoral votes?

    You can always write in the candidate you wanted, since neither of the ones on the ballot are your pick.
    The second main point of the article is that you cannot do that. Virginia state code does not allow write-ins for primary elections.

    I wonder if it would be possible to pass emergency legislation and get it signed in time for the March 6 primary that would allow write-ins?

    TFred

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Yes. Period. No further discussion required.

    Any person who thinks it's OK for Iran to own and control nuclear weapons is certifiably bat-crazy. You can take that to the bank.
    When did Ron Paul ever say it's "OK" for Iran to own and control a nuke? I know he has said, "I don't want them to get the nuclear weapon - it would increase the danger." So where do you get that he thinks it is completely OK for them to own and control a nuke?

    Another great point made by Dr. Paul
    "If we lived through cold war, which we did, with 30,000 missiles pointed at us, we ought to really sit back and think, and not jump the gun.... That’s how we got involved in the useless war in Iraq and lost so much."
    It's important to note that Dr. Paul is a firm believer in the power of CONGRESS to declare war if they feel they need to.

    I know this wasn't the point of this thread, but you can't come on here and call the man who is 110% constitution "bat-crazy" and not expect to get some flack. He is the most consistent candidate and probably the only one who takes his oath to the constitution seriously.

    Oh, and you can take that to the bank.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  8. #8
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Two things... the Washington/Jefferson foreign policy was great 200 years ago when it took 2 months for someone to cross the ocean, and there were what... a couple dozen to maybe a hundred ships that could even make the trip? Today more people cross the ocean every day than in a year's time back then, and through orders of magnitude more routes and ways to hide the fact.

    Cold war was apples and oranges. The Soviets didn't want to die any more than we do. You can't make that same claim for the Iranians. In fact they WANT to die... to bring their end-times to pass.

    You can love Ron Paul all you want to. He will never be president of the United States. To support him is to support the reelection of Obama. It's that simple. The sad fact is that the "muddle in the middle" of the ideological spectrum are now who choose the president. Ron Paul will never win that vote.

    TFred

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, ,
    Posts
    407
    Call me Bat-crazy... but im going with Paul. I agree with him the most. He is the only one on the debates who doesnt slash the knees out from under the person next to him for votes. He calls out the facts and leaves it at that.

    Ron Paul 2012.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bluefield, West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    113
    Keeping nations from getting nuclear weapons is silly. The science is well-known now.

    So the options to prevent nuclear proliferation are bribery, peer pressure, or attacks (some of which can be covert, like the recent virus attack). And ultimately such efforts will fail.


    I'd rather concentrate on defending our own soil from nuclear attacks.

  11. #11
    Regular Member speed41ae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Yes. Period. No further discussion required.

    Any person who thinks it's OK for Iran to own and control nuclear weapons is certifiably bat-crazy. You can take that to the bank.

    But just to stay on track, this post is about the fact that the other contenders are not even going to be on the ballot. That is simply wrong.

    TFred
    Show me where Ron Paul said that he is OK with Iran having nukes. Maybe they are all "bat-crazy" because none of them seem to be upset that North Korea has nukes. Maybe this is more about Oil than it is about nukes? You might want to keep the Fox and Enemies RINO rhetoric off of our Open Carry Gun forum.

    I am going to support the pro gun candidate here.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Two things... the Washington/Jefferson foreign policy was great 200 years ago when it took 2 months for someone to cross the ocean, and there were what... a couple dozen to maybe a hundred ships that could even make the trip? Today more people cross the ocean every day than in a year's time back then, and through orders of magnitude more routes and ways to hide the fact.

    Cold war was apples and oranges. The Soviets didn't want to die any more than we do. You can't make that same claim for the Iranians. In fact they WANT to die... to bring their end-times to pass.

    You can love Ron Paul all you want to. He will never be president of the United States. To support him is to support the reelection of Obama. It's that simple. The sad fact is that the "muddle in the middle" of the ideological spectrum are now who choose the president. Ron Paul will never win that vote.

    TFred
    This idea that he is unelectable comes straight from the media on TV. I don't know if I believe it anymore. Just about every person I run into and bring up politics with supports ron paul, and about every corner of the internet is flooded with ron paul fanatics. I'm not saying this means he WILL be elected, but I feel that maybe the media is misleading us on this one, maybe he does have a chance.

    I'll tell you what, if Ron Paul isn't on the ticket I might just vote for Obama (I will NOT vote for anyone else as a republican, if I don't vote Obama I'll write in RON PAUL). I can't stand Obama at all, but if my fellow Americans want to vote in a neocon who will pick and choose what parts of the constitution are to be obeyed then out of spite I will vote for the socialist. That's how I feel about it. This whole "muddle in the middle" thing we do with obeying the constitution is annoying me.

    To my fellow Americans: I will no longer vote for a wishy washy republican who picks and chooses what parts of the constitution apply to us. Vote in a neocon again and out of spite I will go to the polls and vote for the socialist.

    I want it all or none. Done compromising on freedom when it comes to voting. I'm either voting for an American who believes or freedom, or saying screw it and voting for the socialist guy who will wreak havoc on our nation. Enjoy.

    GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH



    EDIT: Maybe it will take us turning into socialists for people to wake up and demand freedom. The quicker this nation completely falls to socialism - the quicker people will stand up for FREEDOM in a limited government. In NO WAY do I support the idea of communism or socialism.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 12-24-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    410
    Another enthusiastic vote for Ron Paul here. No one on stage has a better record on the second amendment. I collected signatures for Ron Paul on election day. The only other candidate who had someone collecting signatures for them was Romney, so this doesn't really surprise me.

    Some of the other Republicans on stage scare me, and I fail to see fundamental differences between most of them and Obama.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NhRPo0WAo

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    somewhere, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    232
    Anyone who is NOT for Ron Paul is BAT-CRAZY!!!

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by mpg9999 View Post
    Another enthusiastic vote for Ron Paul here. No one on stage has a better record on the second amendment. I collected signatures for Ron Paul on election day. The only other candidate who had someone collecting signatures for them was Romney, so this doesn't really surprise me.

    Some of the other Republicans on stage scare me, and I fail to see fundamental differences between most of them and Obama.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NhRPo0WAo
    Wow, outSTANDING video. Sharing it with as many people as possible. Thanks!
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    somewhere, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Wow, outSTANDING video. Sharing it with as many people as possible. Thanks!

    Me too!

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    62
    since so many were too lazy or didnt care about us, i feel we shouldnt care about them and just not show up to vote. I wouldnt have voted unless Bachmann was on the ticket, she's the only one i can listen to.

  18. #18
    Regular Member UtahRSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    146
    Ron Paul is so crazy it makes my eyes cross. I think he'd make a worse president than Obama (and that's saying a lot)! Someone made the comment (and it's true), if Ron Paul had been the President in 1941, he never would have let Congress declare war against Hitler's crew. My candidates would be Romney, Gingrich, Bachmann, and Santorum, in that order. If Huntsman were the Repub. Candidate, I'd probably hold my nose and vote for him. But if Ron Paul were the candidate against Obama, I'd probably not vote.

  19. #19
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803
    It is surprising that only two candidates wound up on the ballot.

    My first pick was Michelle Bachman but I actually signed a Herman Cain petition to get him on the ballot at a Hampton gun show.

    I will probably be holding my nose and voting for whomever the Republican candidate is this cycle. So many of the current candidates stink.

    After watching many of the new TEA party congressmen vote "for" the debt ceiling increase I would vote for Ron Paul simply because I believe he will follow through and obey the constitution.

    I disagree with Ron Paul on a couple issues but do agree that the war on drugs has been a failure. I do agree with Tfred about Paul not understanding jihad and their desire to create a world wide caliphate as well as their eschatology.

    No matter who wins the election our country is in deep doo-doo. I am not convinced that anyone can turn it around but someone that is willing to obey the constitution is the best bet and Ron Paul seems to be the person willing to do just that. I was hoping for a Bachman/Paul candidacy but would happily vote for a Paul/Bachman one too. :-)
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 12-24-2011 at 09:29 PM.

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297
    Its going to be interesting and a horse race here. With an open primary I expect a lot of crossover. Of course either candidate could be history by the time we get to vote. Personally I have to vote for the pro RKBA candidate Ron Paul.

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    I do agree with Tfred about Paul not understanding jihad and their desire to create a world wide caliphate as well as their eschatology.
    but....the video....did you watch it?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NhRPo0WAo
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  22. #22
    Regular Member GreatDaneMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, Va
    Posts
    213
    Another huge supporter of Ron Paul here.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970
    Ron Paul 2012!!

  24. #24
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    but....the video....did you watch it?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NhRPo0WAo
    Yes I watched it and it shows that Ron Paul still thinks they are just mad at us because of our policies and intervention.

    The muslims by their religion yearn for the house of islam to take over and control the whole world. Their prophecies for the mahdi match the biblical prophecies for the anti-christ very closely (both reign for 7 years, kill jews).

    A moderate muslim believes those things will happen "eventually" whereas a radical believes they will happen "soon" with their help.

    Iran's leaders have said that they are willing to commit national suicide if it will bring the mahdi back. So Mutual Assured Destruction is not something that will work with islam like it did the soviet union.

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    Yes I watched it and it shows that Ron Paul still thinks they are just mad at us because of our policies and intervention.
    So you DON'T think they're still mad about that? You think it is 110% purely religion? You think the fact that we've been over there for decades has nothing to do with it?

    Like I said before, if Iran is such a huge threat congress can declare war and Ron Paul supports their ability to do so. Write your representatives and tell them you want a war, we shouldn't be choosing presidents based off of if they will go to war on their own deciding.

    Ron Paul agrees, Iran getting a nuke is dangerous.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 12-25-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •