• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Pro 2022.....

shenanigan13

Hello all, ive been looking all over for a level 2 holster for open carry and ocassional concealment ( mostly for OC) but i cant for the life of me find a holster. Apperntly I have the newer version of this gun and they havent made a holster for it. does anybody know if this is true? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellow OC'ers:banghead:

shenanigan13

not sure if this will fit your new gen, i assume it would but you definately wont be concealing with this one, good luck
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1068.php

Thanks for the help..... I did get a chance to check out the link you sent. it is very nice but you are right....definatley will not be able to conceal that one. I think i did see that on the safariland website too. I hope there will be a better selection to choose from in the near future.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I have the SP2022. I use a black hawk serpa level 2 holster with a matte finish. I got mine from opticsplanet.com It comes withe a belt piece or a paddle. To conceal all you have to do is throw a jacket on or even a semi baggy hoody.

battleborn

I use a Blackhawk Serpa CQC for open carry that fits both my old style SP2022 and my newer one. I also have a Tagua high ride belt holster for when my CCW shows up in the mail.

Dilligad316

If you have not found one yet

A place I found that has a large assortment of Holster and accessories at a reasonable price is Amazon.

MainelyGlock

Try eBay. I have the .40 version of the old 2022, and the 9mm version of the newer model. I have found holsters for both on that site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

motoxmann

I brought my railed version of my SP2022 into a shop today and started test fitting it in all sorts of various holsters. I mainly was hoping to find a black leather 3-slot OWB right side thumb-break holster. and I found one that fits great!...

DeSantis 001BAF4Z0 for Sig P229R with equipment rail. paid $59.99 for it.

first insertion was pretty tight. 3rd insertion it had already seemed to loosen up a hair. retention screw was fully tightened through this time. loosened the retention screw a couple turns, the 2022 went in pretty well, slightly easier than with the screw tight. I asked the gunsmith his thoughts on how much it would loosen up; he said just keep it in the holster for a few days off your body with the retention screw fully tightened, that should stretch it a little, then wear it for a few days with the screw still fully tightened, that should finish stretching it, then loosen the screw as needed. he said "in his expert opinion" it should stretch just enough to be perfect in probably a week at this time of year (cold low humidity new england weather in november).

muzzle end sticks out about 1/4" btw

and just for tonight while it's sitting in the holster stretching, I have a spring clamp on it to help it form around the slightly different muzzle end shape, every couple hours moving the clamp to a different spot, all the positions where it's a bit snug. I'm predicting it to work flawlessly within a few days, or less, as it's getting easier to insert/remove every time I move the clamp

Last edited:

Michigander

definatley will not be able to conceal that one.

Actually you can cc a 6280, if you have a jacket up to the task. All it really takes is a wind breaker a size or two too big, or a decently large winter coat if weather calls for that level of upper garment.

I CC mine from time to time, and mine is likely bigger since it is for my Glock 20. Just did that this evening actually, when I realized my primary recorder was still in my car.

Last edited:

crotchbuffet

Does anyone know where to find 12 round mags for the 2022 in .40? I've searched everywhere on the net and it says out of stock on every site. Is it possible to find these anywhere?

Beowulf

Ozark Holster Company is a great choice if you are looking for a Crossbreed like holster. At $45 and using horsehide leather it is steal compared to Crossbreed. Ordering times have increased due to popularity and the fact that it is primarily a one-man operation, but communication and quality appear to be top notch. If and when I get a SP2022 that is where I would be ordering a holster from.

I would second the recommendation to check out Gunbroker for full size magazines. It is also a good place to search for holsters.

JesterP99

I own the gun myself. I have the Blackhawk! Serpa CQC holster as well as a Bianchi Special agent model 59 leather paddle holster. Both great holsters. ALso, Crossbreed makes a CC holster for it as well.