• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

price match

oliverclotheshoff

thanks to mlutz we found out gander mountain will price match local businesses here is another way the price match

Not only will gander mountain price match a local competitor they will also price match their own web prices i went there on Monday to get a gun vault mini safe. Store price was 119.99 web price was 99.99 I asked them to price match the web price and they did, I took a flier for the item i printed off the internet from their website.

Trip20

I might be close to getting Gander to price match Bud's Gun Shop. Last time I spoke to the manager he advised they only price match businesses with a store front. I had him surfing Bud's website right from his checkout terminal at the gun counter, and he admitted the prices were fairly good. At the time I didn't know Bud's had two store fronts (one in Lexington KY, and one elsewhere) -- I thought it was an online-only retailer. Now that I know this isn't the case, we'll have to see what his next argument is.

lockman

State Researcher
If a big box store matches a price by mom & pop, I buy from mom & pop because they already did the work and gave me a fair price. If the big box store can best mom & pop then I must rethink is it enough? Just over by a percentage or two does not cut it.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

If a big box store matches a price by mom & pop, I buy from mom & pop because they already did the work and gave me a fair price. If the big box store can best mom & pop then I must rethink is it enough? Just over by a percentage or two does not cut it.
I agree! Buy American, buy from Mom&Pop. Eschew BigBox. I see that Sears is closing ~250 Sears and K-mart stores. Next goes Great Wall of China Mart.

oliverclotheshoff

I agree! Buy American, buy from Mom&Pop. Eschew BigBox. I see that Sears is closing ~250 Sears and K-mart stores. Next goes Great Wall of China Mart.

they are only closing 100 to 120 stores see link provided

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203479104577124151924531994.html

but back on track i also like to buy from locally owned places but when it come down to it if i can save 20 on something no one else can come close on then big box here i come as long as im not going out of my way

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

+1

If it is only a few percentage points, I buy from Dam Road Gun Shop because the owner lives by me and is a good guy.

markush

The best I can hope for in my area is that the 1 mom/pop place price matches Gander:banghead: most of my shopping has to be online. You guys are silly if you think wally world is going anywhere...who do you think took the business from Sears/Kmart!? Wally's is like Cockroaches and polymer in guns...they'll be that last things on earth!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I recently resigned from the Zogby survey board for too much and too many commercial interests represented. One question in the personal identification section to which I always proudly and truthfully answered "NEVER"; How often do you shop at WalMart?

DangerClose

Wasn't there a storefont in GB that used to do occasional incredible sales on guns when there was something on the 2A front to celebrate? I haven't heard that they celebrated either Act35 or Castle Doctrine....

The Gun Source in Green Bay is one of the biggest online gun retailers, and you can do a walk-in buy as well. I assume that's the place you're thinking of. One of these days I'm going to have to call them up and see if they pricematch other online prices.

markush

The Gun Source in Green Bay is one of the biggest online gun retailers, and you can do a walk-in buy as well. I assume that's the place you're thinking of. One of these days I'm going to have to call them up and see if they pricematch other online prices.

I'm not sure if that's the same place but I know of a store in GB that has multiple, very chintzy, websites that i have come across. They all look similar but all have different names. When you read the about us or contact us info it's always the same address...because of the very poorly designed sites and multiple names I could never bring myself to give them my CC#. IIRC it was in the news for selling guns and/or magazines/accessories to people that then used them in a crime :eek:

Zeus

I've never been to a Gander Mnt. where everything wasn't 25% markup over the nearest competitor. It's not worth the walk in for me personally because I just get disgusted. I either buy from a small local FFL or order from online and transfer through him. Just my $.02

oliverclotheshoff

I've never been to a Gander Mnt. where everything wasn't 25% markup over the nearest competitor. It's not worth the walk in for me personally because I just get disgusted. I either buy from a small local FFL or order from online and transfer through him. Just my $.02

thats all fine and dandy for some people who have other options that are within a stones throw. i for one do not i do have small guns shop in the area that i do buy my guns from but the rest of his stock is very limited so i go to the box store and buy their 25% markup items at a competitors, or online price which i have noticed is about 18 to 23% off their listed price so it is almost a wash plus i dont have to pay shipping

DangerClose

I'm not sure if that's the same place but I know of a store in GB that has multiple, very chintzy, websites that i have come across. They all look similar but all have different names. When you read the about us or contact us info it's always the same address...because of the very poorly designed sites and multiple names I could never bring myself to give them my CC#. IIRC it was in the news for selling guns and/or magazines/accessories to people that then used them in a crime :eek:

Yep, that's them. Far as I know, they have a billion websites.

For the record, they just told me they don't price match, and there is no shipping discount for picking a gun up in-person. boo....

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran

+1 ! You can add my two cents to that too. When they have a "Sale" their firearm prices are still much higher than other stores "normal" prices.

My last firearm purchase was from Randy (can't remember the store name) in Paddock Lake. Great guy and prices aren't bad at all. I've bought a few from Dam Road too but he has so many I can never decide! J.K. Great prices there but a bit of a drive for me.