Thread: Duty Holster?

Duty Holster?

I just bought A S&W M&P since my P7 started having parts break regularly(made in early 80s never had anything replaced until now) im thinking of picking a duty holster for 2 reasons
    1. retention
    2. since it is off set from my body my jackets and sweat shirts can be worn with more ease

the holster im looking at
    http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1068.php

just looking to bounce this idea off the forum any opinions welcome
    Thanks!
    Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp.

Never heard any bad things about them, have you seen the serpa line i carry in a level 2 and really do like it

Great choice. I see it worn by Baton Rouge PD officers all the time. Good reputation.
    Personally I use a Uncle Mike Pro-3 triple retention holster.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Activist Member
    Safariland has quite a few holster models available for the M&P. Take a look at all of them and decide which one you like. I don't like hoods and prefer a thumb release so I went with the 6378 rather than the 6280.

i ended up going with the 6378 due to price, and since its what the local detectives use and ive heard only good things about it from everyone ive asked. hoping to receive it friday thanks for the input everyone

Remember to give us the ol' first impression review when you get it. Always interested to hear about pro/con about holsters.

Soo been carrying for a few hours and have to say but it is comfy the paddle is not moving at all I even unloaded and had my dad try to steal it from me and and the paddle didn't move, the release is hit easily I'm used to safari lands rotating hood so I just treat it like I'm pushing the hood I hit the release no problem all and all I love it,
    Sorry for any spelling mistakes, sent off my phone from hooters

Quote Originally Posted by jwinkeler View Post
    Soo been carrying for a few hours and have to say but it is comfy the paddle is not moving at all I even unloaded and had my dad try to steal it from me and and the paddle didn't move, the release is hit easily I'm used to safari lands rotating hood so I just treat it like I'm pushing the hood I hit the release no problem all and all I love it,
    Sorry for any spelling mistakes, sent off my phone from hooters
    +1 Thanks fir the first impressions.

just a quick update, i replaced the paddle with the Universal Belt Loop so the holster is dropped about 2 1/2 inches and off set from my body a little more and its awesome i can leave my shirts untucked or wear a sweat shirt and they fall be tween the holster and my body so all and all very happy, hoping to get to the range with it tomorrow