• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Duty Holster?

jwinkeler

I just bought A S&W M&P since my P7 started having parts break regularly(made in early 80s never had anything replaced until now) im thinking of picking a duty holster for 2 reasons
1. retention
2. since it is off set from my body my jackets and sweat shirts can be worn with more ease

the holster im looking at
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1068.php

just looking to bounce this idea off the forum any opinions welcome
Thanks!

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
Safariland has quite a few holster models available for the M&P. Take a look at all of them and decide which one you like. I don't like hoods and prefer a thumb release so I went with the 6378 rather than the 6280.

jwinkeler

i ended up going with the 6378 due to price, and since its what the local detectives use and ive heard only good things about it from everyone ive asked. hoping to receive it friday thanks for the input everyone

jwinkeler

Soo been carrying for a few hours and have to say but it is comfy the paddle is not moving at all I even unloaded and had my dad try to steal it from me and and the paddle didn't move, the release is hit easily I'm used to safari lands rotating hood so I just treat it like I'm pushing the hood I hit the release no problem all and all I love it,
Sorry for any spelling mistakes, sent off my phone from hooters

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Soo been carrying for a few hours and have to say but it is comfy the paddle is not moving at all I even unloaded and had my dad try to steal it from me and and the paddle didn't move, the release is hit easily I'm used to safari lands rotating hood so I just treat it like I'm pushing the hood I hit the release no problem all and all I love it,
Sorry for any spelling mistakes, sent off my phone from hooters

+1 Thanks fir the first impressions.

jwinkeler

just a quick update, i replaced the paddle with the Universal Belt Loop so the holster is dropped about 2 1/2 inches and off set from my body a little more and its awesome i can leave my shirts untucked or wear a sweat shirt and they fall be tween the holster and my body so all and all very happy, hoping to get to the range with it tomorrow