• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We have so much going for us let's not lose our rights

jonjon_jon

Hey Maine Open Carrys we're stuggling to gain support MOCA, because we take so much for granted in Maine lets not allow ourselves to be fighting the uphill battle someday like our Brothers and Sister in MD are! They're holding a rally with empty holsters cause that's all the law will allow. If we don't support our gun rights we can lose them!

Maryland Shall Issue, Inc.
1332 Cape Saint Claire Road #342
Annapolis, Maryland 21409

240-446-6782

Mission Statement: Maryland Shall Issue is an all volunteer, non-partisan effort dedicated to the preservation and advancement of all gunowners' rights in Maryland, with a primary goal of CCW reform to allow all law-abiding citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon; and to the education of the community to the awareness that 'shall issue' laws have, in all cases, resulted in decreased rates of violent crime.

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

This is off subject but worthy of mention. Those that have followed MOCA for while are aware of this youtube clip. Our own boyscout has the most viewed clip on opencarry on youtube right now with 99,421 hits

Boyscout you should have charged a dollar for each hit! We'd be rich :) Youtube got the money and we recieved nothing. There is a lesson to be learned there somewhere folks. It seems to me Opencarry.org would be wise to set up forum that opencarry accounters could be watched off our web site and any proceeds kept in house!
!
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...461567l0l463912l6l6l0l0l0l0l216l997l0.3.3l6l0

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

I'm just using this a general place to post cause it doesn't fit anywhere else

I follow my local newspaper and often post comments there. I thought carriers would enjoy today's post concerning victim at local Wal Mart who was robbed.

There are several strategies for "fighting back." Running, screaming, kicking, pepper spray, hand-alarm and, if you want to take a few lessons, martial arts. Shooting is only an option if you are willing to pack heat everywhere you go and be willing to be a murderer or be shot with your own gun.

MY REPLY TO THIS USER

jonjon_jon

I would rather take chance of being murdered with my own gun then have to live in world where people are shot as sheep like in gun free zones supported by liberals like we have Virgina Tech. If a concerned citizen fears opencarry, Maine law allows concealed carry also. More and more gun owners are using this option. I'm very involved in this as member of the Maine Open Carry Assocation and was just reading the other day the state is handling 6000 carry permits each year. Don't think the guns aren't out there in honest citizens hands. I carry whenever I'm able to permited by law. Just today have been to Mardens, Circle K, Chirstmas tree shop, Bed and Bath, and Hannafords.

http://maineopencarry.org Please donate!

There is larger meaning to this post then just my support for open carry which you all know. This is perfect example of how to use the media to draw attention to our cause with no cost to us.

jonjon_jon

Mailing list.

I'm going to start email list of Maine Open Carriers and Concealed Carriers to be notified if we have urgent message for them, or to email Maine upcoming meetings or events. This will serve to keep track of members that only visit our web site occasionally and to compile central list of users so they can be contacted even if they haven't been involved in MOCA in years. Nothing will be sold or forward. I would like your support in this one of many ventures to give MOCA a new life and new future. There will be two emails address created, this is the first of the two.

mainecarry@hotmail.com

Please put in subject line......Sign me up

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
I'm going to start email list of Maine Open Carriers and Concealed Carriers to be notified if we have urgent message for them, or to email Maine upcoming meetings or events. This will serve to keep track of members that only visit our web site occasionally and to compile central list of users so they can be contacted even if they haven't been involved in MOCA in years. Nothing will be sold or forward. I would like your support in this one of many ventures to give MOCA a new life and new future. There will be two emails address created, this is the first of the two.

mainecarry@hotmail.com

Please put in subject line......Sign me up

have forrest send you the people that have signed up so far. also, al said that he was interested in doing this so perhaps you could both work on it?? That way one person isn't doing the brunt of the mailing list.

jonjon_jon

As has been discussed we're considering putting ad somewhere to create more web traffic to the Maine forum. We're also considering sending fliers to gun shops. Where I'm going with this is would anyone be willing to place ad on Craigslist explaining who we are and where to find us, under Groups and keep track of it? (You know just keep it current) If you wouldn't mind doing this email me at mainecarry@hotmail.com

Thank you, John

Last edited:

crdonov

As has been discussed we're considering putting ad somewhere to create more web traffic to the Maine forum. We're also considering sending fliers to gun shops. Where I'm going with this is would anyone be willing to place ad on Craigslist explaining who we are and where to find us, under Groups and keep track of it? (You know just keep it current) If you wouldn't mind doing this email me at mainecarry@hotmail.com

Thank you, John

did you get my PM???

xd-over

jonjon_jon

did you get my PM???

xd-over

I have received PM on your email address and I do thank you for sending it. As I've stated before this is only for the purpose of organizing so when we have the numbers we can get hold of members and make sure anyone that has interest in Opencarry can be notified of events nothing I receive will be sold or abused, you have my word. I have recieved no other PM or email from you if you've sent something else it has been lost somewhere. Again thank you XD, I wish all our members had your passion. We're going turn this around in this new year my friend.

crdonov

I have received PM on your email address and I do thank you for sending it. As I've stated before this is only for the purpose of organizing so when we have the numbers we can get hold of members and make sure anyone that has interest in Opencarry can be notified of events nothing I receive will be sold or abused, you have my word. I have recieved no other PM or email from you if you've sent something else it has been lost somewhere. Again thank you XD, I wish all our members had your passion. We're going turn this around in this new year my friend.

cool i hope so!!!

xd-over!!!