Thread: MOC Open Carry Seminar Jan 14th, 2012

MOC Open Carry Seminar Jan 14th, 2012

Michigan Open Carry would like to invite you to attend our Open Carry seminar on Saturday January 14th 2012 from 5pm - 7pm. The seminar will follow an Open Carry lunch at Sir Pizza beginning at 2pm. Sir Pizza is a local pizza shop that is welcoming us and supporting our right to bear arms, I spoke with them and they are excited to have us. They are actually going to be opening a few hours early this day to allow us to meet our time schedule. Following the lunch will be the Open Carry seminar, this seminar will discuss the certain laws that you should know when you open carry as well as additional information that will benefit you while open carrying. If you open carry and would like to brush up on the current laws and procedures while exercising your right, or are new to open carry and are looking for information, this seminar can help you. If you have someone that you know who is interested or may be interested in open carrying feel free to bring them along as this will answer some questions they may be having and will be a great start to exercising their right!

The OC Lunch will be held at:

Sir Pizza
    198 Vale St
    Battle Creek, MI 49037

Saturday January 14th 2012
    2pm-5pm

The seminar will be held at:

Freedom Firearms
    539 Capital Ave SW
    Battle Creek, MI 49015

5pm-7pm.

If you have any questions please feel to contact myself or email swregion@miopencarry.org.
    Last edited by Yance; 12-28-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Updated some information. There will be an OC lunch taking place prior to the seminar, please take a look at the original post for the updated information.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

RSVPs? Anyone?

I'll be there.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I will be in attendance
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I'll be there!

As far as I know I will be in attendance.
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

im a possible with +1
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Put me down as a possible..

Just FYI to anyone coming to the lunch portion before the seminar. The owner of the restaurant was gracious enough to open 2 hours early to accomodate us OCers, so as many of you that can be there for the 2 oclock start time the better.

Alright folks, this is next week, Im certainly looking forward to seeing all of those that can make it and dont forget to talk to your friends and family and see if they would be interested in coming.

Going to try to get there. With any luck I'll have my son and maybe wife with me.

Quote Originally Posted by gasgasmi View Post
    Going to try to get there. With any luck I'll have my son and maybe wife with me.
    I hope to meet you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post

The OC Lunch will be held at:

Sir Pizza
    198 Vale St
    Battle Creek, MI 49037

2pm-5pm
    So it's on the corner of Vale and Columbia? But I'll find it. See you there.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

That is correct. Its a large white building and they do have a rather large sign up so its easy to identify their location once youre near it. The face of the building is on the columbia side.

See you all in a few hours!!!

We had about 15 at the lunch and 25 at the seminar. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    We had about 15 at the lunch and 25 at the seminar. Wow!
    Yup it was a great seminar turnout! Would have been 23 though if not for the fact that Adam and I OCed at Starbucks beforehand and had a couple ask a few questions. That led to an invitation to the seminar and thus 25 people!

You see if you OC people ask questions.... if you CC not so much
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I was quite happy with both the lunch and the seminar, thanks to those that came out!

Joel at Freedom Firearms was very pleased with the turnout and the information that was given during the seminar. He said he would be happy to see more in the future. I'm thinking we could have another one in March.

I would think March is a great idea!

Great lunch, good food and a great seminar. Sorry I had to split early.
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM