• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Open Carry Seminar Jan 14th, 2012

Yance

Michigan Open Carry would like to invite you to attend our Open Carry seminar on Saturday January 14th 2012 from 5pm - 7pm. The seminar will follow an Open Carry lunch at Sir Pizza beginning at 2pm. Sir Pizza is a local pizza shop that is welcoming us and supporting our right to bear arms, I spoke with them and they are excited to have us. They are actually going to be opening a few hours early this day to allow us to meet our time schedule. Following the lunch will be the Open Carry seminar, this seminar will discuss the certain laws that you should know when you open carry as well as additional information that will benefit you while open carrying. If you open carry and would like to brush up on the current laws and procedures while exercising your right, or are new to open carry and are looking for information, this seminar can help you. If you have someone that you know who is interested or may be interested in open carrying feel free to bring them along as this will answer some questions they may be having and will be a great start to exercising their right!

The OC Lunch will be held at:

Sir Pizza
198 Vale St
Battle Creek, MI 49037

Saturday January 14th 2012
2pm-5pm

The seminar will be held at:

Freedom Firearms
539 Capital Ave SW
Battle Creek, MI 49015

Saturday January 14th 2012
5pm-7pm.

If you have any questions please feel to contact myself or email swregion@miopencarry.org.

Last edited:

Yance

Updated some information. There will be an OC lunch taking place prior to the seminar, please take a look at the original post for the updated information.

Yance

Just FYI to anyone coming to the lunch portion before the seminar. The owner of the restaurant was gracious enough to open 2 hours early to accomodate us OCers, so as many of you that can be there for the 2 oclock start time the better.

Yance

Alright folks, this is next week, Im certainly looking forward to seeing all of those that can make it and dont forget to talk to your friends and family and see if they would be interested in coming.

Yance

That is correct. Its a large white building and they do have a rather large sign up so its easy to identify their location once youre near it. The face of the building is on the columbia side.

autosurgeon

We had about 15 at the lunch and 25 at the seminar. Wow!

Yup it was a great seminar turnout! Would have been 23 though if not for the fact that Adam and I OCed at Starbucks beforehand and had a couple ask a few questions. That led to an invitation to the seminar and thus 25 people!

You see if you OC people ask questions.... if you CC not so much :uhoh:

Yance

I was quite happy with both the lunch and the seminar, thanks to those that came out!

Joel at Freedom Firearms was very pleased with the turnout and the information that was given during the seminar. He said he would be happy to see more in the future. I'm thinking we could have another one in March.