Thread: Try to rob Indy Kroger: get shot in face

Try to rob Indy Kroger: get shot in face

When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Bet the employee will be looking for a job instead of having his good deed recognized and rewarded.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Bet the employee will be looking for a job instead of having his good deed recognized and rewarded.

That was my first thought as well... ala WalGreen's or whatever that pharmacy was... but we'll see what happens. I am curious as to how he had the firearm... legal concealed carry... stowed somewhere... etc....

I wonder what their official policy is regarding firearm possession by employees...wonder if this will change anything as well. Good too see the good guys win again, sad to see a life need to be taken but the attacker made his choice and this is his consequence. Glad everyone is ok though and no innocent people were hurt.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

When more stores have armed employees the criminals will unfortunately divert more of their tactics to home invasions where people are less alert and ill prepared. Home invasions is what scares the hell out of me.
    Last edited by Sky1; 12-29-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Activist Member
    The customer service desk should be armed in every large store. I have seen Walmart managers counting thousands of dollars in cash at the customer service desk (around 2 or 3am) and by the look of the women counting I'd assume they weren't carrying.

Jake8x7

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8x7 View Post
    The customer service desk should be armed in every large store. I have seen Walmart managers counting thousands of dollars in cash at the customer service desk (around 2 or 3am) and by the look of the women counting I'd assume they weren't carrying.

Jake8x7
    No employee is allowed to carry at Walmart. It's ridiculous, but true.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
    When more stores have armed employees the criminals will unfortunately divert more of their tactics to home invasions where people are less alert and ill prepared. Home invasions is what scares the hell out of me.
    Excellent illustration of the Theory of Unintended Consequences, or "be careful what you wish for".

Because of your comment, I now support stores having really stupid policies about guns, GunFreeZones, stupid employees, stupid managers and corporate heads, allowing them to be criminal magnets, while I will safely shop at home (or other non-stupid stores) using the Internet. Kudos (some sarcasm intended, but not that much).
    Last edited by Badger Johnson; 12-30-2011 at 06:20 AM.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    No employee is allowed to carry at Walmart. It's ridiculous, but true.
    For those that are not aware, you can thank OSHA for that. The "Workplace Violence Prevention Act" and the regulations implemented under that law are why most places have policies that prohibit employees from carrying. Which is also why so many employees (including management) believe that customers are also prohibited by law from carrying in their establishment.

And just to be a pedantic nitpicker, it's nor rediculous, it's shortsighted and foolish. But I know what Jack House meant and I agree with his sentment.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

actually the workplace violence act was meant

to force employers to 'assess' the organizational work place(s) to assure it was violence free and to put in controls to protect all concerned, e.g., employees, patrons, inbound contractors, etc.

so if places like sams, walmart, etc., have workpractices where their employees collect and count sums of money in public w/o providing some sort of safeguards against workplace violence and an incident occurs then OSHA w/could come in and investigate. Further, i am sure lawyers would have a field day if an innocent were injuried or killed during a robbery where in today's economy these entities continue to flash large amounts of cash w/o some sort of security.

Corporations do not feel their employees deserve firearms probably due to training and liability constraints but the act, if mgmt did a proper assessment, c/would allow hire of appropriate security to provide a workplace free of violence.

on that same train of thought...the employee can go to their state labor board and make a complaint.

interesting to note, even tho walmart and sams have open cash collection there is not a rash of robberies?? wonder why?

wabbit

Why would a company that carrying a tool would lead to violence? I guess they better lock up all the screwdrivers too then (NY school "assault") I thought that only happened in the Post Office or at school????

There is talk the employee will be disapplined since he 'violated' the store policy. They said if they dont then this can lead to lawsuits in the future. Talk of boycotting Kroger if the guy is fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8x7 View Post

Jake8x7

The tens of thousands on hand is the reason Kaspar Carr only hits grocery stores.. especially ethnic ones... Though the movie theater seemed a big haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
    Yep, we have had a rash of home invasions with some fatalities since Thanksgiving ... and now the criminals are robbing the bank branches in the WalMarts along with the regular stand-alone branches. Surprisingly though, the pharmacies seem to be left alone now.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!