• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun at walmart?

ocholsteroc

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/hampton/police-respond-to-shooting-at-wal-mart
Police called to shooting near Walmart
HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) - Hampton police have confirmed a shooting victim found in Newport News was shot multiple times near the Walmart store in Hampton Tuesday evening.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/hampton/tactical-situation-at-best-western
Walmart shooting suspect arrested
Police respond to tactical situation at hotel

Updated: Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 10:57 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 8:23 AM EST
Leanna Caplan

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) - Police arrested the second suspect from Tuesday's Walmart shooting at a Best Western in Hampton. Another man was also taken into custody for questioning.

Isn't this a walmart where some of you guys shop?

Last edited:

pyite

I only go to the York County Walmart. I just convinced my parents to shop at the York County one (they live in Hampton). The only time I have been back to the Hampton one in the past 5 years was during the lean-ammo-times. I heard they had 9mm. Bought my 6 boxes and GTFO.

Dreghorn

Yep, that one's close to me, wouldn't shop there on a bet! When I need a Wal-Mart I hit the one on College Dr. in Suffolk.

MSC 45ACP

Drove past the scene...

I was picking my spousal unit up from work this morning right next to the Best Western when the subject was still "holed up" there.

HPD had all the exits to streets blocked with cruisers as I drove by. I asked Spousal Unit what was going on and the story (according to a few people that had come into her store) said "There was a shooting, several bodies and a guy with a hostage at the hotel".

There are two hotels there next to the I-64 exit ramp, but I think the other one is closed. I didn't see the "rest of the story" until just now. We stop at that WallyWorld once in a while, but I am ALWAYS carrying when I do. In that area, I usually CC for tactical reasons...

45acpForMe

I rarely go into that walmart (back when looking for ammo) but drive by it often. There is an Olive Garden right near it as well as some other businesses that I go to.

If I go there I usually feel better going during daylight and OC-ing. :)

On a side note, I was in Hampton/Phoebus after going to a church service on Christmas Eve and while going out to get chinese takeout (only thing open) I heard 6-7 gunshots a few blocks away. I did hear some sirens later but wasn't sure if they were related or not. Has anyone heard of any shooting investigation in Hampton for that day?

ETA: I guess McD's isn't any safer than Walmart: http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/hampton/two-armed-suspects-rob-mcdonalds

Last edited:

Zak Kee

That Walmart is right around the corner from me and we ended up going there right around 3 hours after the fact. Kinda had to go there, wife HAD to return something...:banghead:

JamesB

I shop there quite often and it is usually between 1 AM and 4 AM after work.

Well ya. That's the only time you can find a parking space at one of those places.

Not to mention you can actually get through the isles without stepping on somebody's kid.

That's the only time to shop there.

MSC 45ACP

Well ya. That's the only time you can find a parking space at one of those places.

Not to mention you can actually get through the isles without stepping on somebody's kid.

That's the only time to shop there.

I wish that was true... After midnight, you have to worry about "inconveniencing" the stock-people. They act like you're in their way when you shop there after midnight. They're very rude and block the entire aisle when they are working.

How rude!

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I wish that was true... After midnight, you have to worry about "inconveniencing" the stock-people. They act like you're in their way when you shop there after midnight. They're very rude and block the entire aisle when they are working.

How rude!

Our Walmart closes between Midnight and 0600. I guess so the stockers don't have to deal with us lowly pains.:lol:

Sangre

How rude!

Same thing at the ones near me, it's like moving around in a maze trying to weave all around stockers and pallets full of stuff blocking the aisles. I have to make a mental note on the way in of where they are and the route I took and hope it's still the same when I'm on my way out. I do prefer going at night because this is most convenient for me on my way home from work (never have time to do anything before work) and there's less people around. I've been sometimes where it was ridiculously crowded which I don't like in general, but also having people packed in tight around me and bumping into me makes me uncomfortable OC'ing.