• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting range/ Gun store will not allow carry

Iluvguns

And you honestly believe that someone who would come in with the intent to use a weapon in a violent felony would abide by the posted signs?

Bye, troll.

I can see you know how to read. I'm not on here to argue with those who can't respect policy. If you don't understand it that's your problem.

Sincerely,

Troll

xd shooter

If that is their policy, I will certainly take it seriously and abide by them by NOT entering their store, PERIOD.

I frequent 2 gun stores locally, one in IN, one in MI, neither of which have ANY problem with my carrying openly OR concealed.

They both understand that I enter their premises as a customer, obviously interested in guns, and the safest place for MY gun is in it's holster.

A store that sells guns is no different than any other store, food, gas, flowers, etc. If they don't want me there because I'm carrying, I won't walk through the door. Just like any other store, they run the risk of being robbed. What would be your attitude about a gas station attendant who draws down on every customer that carry's openly into their premises?!?!

If there is a range, then there needs to be a "safe area", or a barrel full of sand, someplace designated for clearing a weapon prior to stepping up to the line or entering the range area. The range I attend on a weekly basis has a safe area for this purpose, clearing any weapons before the days activities start.

Policies are good, IF their intent is safety. But it sounds to me that their intent is CONTROL, control which denies patrons the right to self defense.

Iluvguns

[/QUOTE]If there is a range, then there needs to be a "safe area", or a barrel full of sand, someplace designated for clearing a weapon prior to stepping up to the line or entering the range area. The range I attend on a weekly basis has a safe area for this purpose, clearing any weapons before the days activities start.

Policies are good, IF their intent is safety. But it sounds to me that their intent is CONTROL, control which denies patrons the right to self defense.[/QUOTE]

The line is the "safe Area", always pointed down range , finger off trigger until ready to fire. There will always be that one shooter "assuming" it's cleared....AD

Having control is VERY good safety. Youre not being denied self defense at all. If you CCW, you always have that right.

Pretty sad there are soo many gun enthusiasts who can't think critically and understand policies. I tried to clear it up and hope some of you do get it. As for the rest, I'm glad I don't have to shoot next to you since you don't want to follow the range rules.

All in all I guess that means more range time for me at an awesome facility since a lot of people want to cry over casing their firearms for 10 minutes.

You rock BluCore. Don't ever stop.

ManInBlack

All in all I guess that means more range time for me at an awesome facility since a lot of people want to cry over casing their firearms for 10 minutes.

You rock BluCore. Don't ever stop.

More importantly, it means more money for a facility that understands that such a policy does nothing to improve safety, is based on typical, spurious anti-gun thinking, and represents an unnecessary, albeit legal, intrusion by a private property owner on an inalienable right. Intelligent gun owners understand this and will go elsewhere, leaving you to shoot with sheep. Enjoy.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Iluvguns

More importantly, it means more money for a facility that understands that such a policy does nothing to improve safety, is based on typical, spurious anti-gun thinking, and represents an unnecessary, albeit legal, intrusion by a private property owner on an inalienable right. Intelligent gun owners understand this and will go elsewhere, leaving you to shoot with sheep. Enjoy.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Haha oh that's funny, intelligent gun owners. You say that after JamesB did what he did? Actually I'm happy to support a facility that ENFORCES safety. Your spurious statements are quite humorous. I said you can CCW at BC. If you wish to use it, it must be cased. If you are smart you could case your CCW and use a back up as a CC. So there for your right to carry is not alienated.

alang

The biggest issue I have with their policy is the safety and security issues created for the customers because of it:

What happens when one of the smarter scumbags out there figures out that if you can't have a firearm in the store that isn't in a case that would also mean that you won't be exiting the store with a firearm that isn't in a case. That would mean that you have a firearm that would be easier to steal since you aren't allowed to be carrying a firearm for self defense. This wouldn't be the first time that this type of scenario had played out if it happens. I've heard stories of thieves waiting for people to leave firing ranges to jump them and take their firearms, because there are many people out there that go to the range for practice, but don't carry when leaving. Also, what is to keep said scumbag from posing as a customer in the parking lot, watching someone else arrive that unloads in the parking lot, and then takes that opportunity to take the firearm the person just unloaded and cased.

Yes, we support your second ammendment rights, and we will be happy to profit from you giving us your money to use the range or purchase a firearm from us, but you don't have the right to exercise your rights to defend yourself with that same firearm while on our property!

From discussion I've had with others that have spoken to the management of BC, this policy applies to CC as well as OC. Personally I won't be going there to find out. I understand that there are other gun shops that don't allow carry of any kind on their premises as well, and you won't find me their either.

JamesB

Actually, those signs are up for a reason. It's not only for the safety of employees but for fellow shooters as well. If you don't abide by the posted signs then you could be charged with trespassing. Scenario (which has happened), somebody comes in the door with a loaded weapon in holster, sling or hand and has intent to rob the place or possibly commit murder. Would you, a customer, want that to happen? That is why employees AND uniformed officers are allowed to open carry on the premises. At BC you are allowed to CCW on the premises but if you want to use that firearm on the range you must case it. The reason is to avoid AD's on the line while unholstering. Also, you CAN draw from OWB holster with permission from the range master. They will ask you to clear it and perform a DRY draw to make sure presentation is safe and finger is at rest before firing. These rules and policies are not in place to piss off people. They are enforced for EVERYONE'S safety. So don't take it personally. If other ranges don't have a similar policy or enforce them, they are sitting ducks and have less time to react to deadly situations.

If you can't respect a business policy especially when firearms is the nature of the business then don't waste your time. When you walk in the door with a weapon on your back admitting you read the signs, what do you expect to happen? People need to take it seriously.

You are joking right? I realize you haven't read through any of the previous posts here, but you do realize what this forum is about don't you?

If someone comes in with a weapon intent to do bad things, I want EVERYONE in my store to be armed, whether they work there or not, whether they are in uniform or not, whether I know thier last name or not.

You still somehow believe that people can safely handle firearms in one room of your establishment and yet those same people with those same guns will just go completely stupid if they are in a different room? How does logical reasoning apply here? I thought a range tought people how to handle firearms, you expect everyone to be able to swim before they get into the pool?

Your rules and policies may not have been put in place to piss people off, but I think you can see that it may be a side effect. However they are your policies and it is your right to enact such. I respect that. But that does not mean I have to agree with those policies. My money will be spent at a range that shows they values my life by allowing me to protect it. (Shootist or Silver Bullet) My money will be spent with those who support the firearms community.

(This is simply my view, others may do as they wish of course. I may however inadvertantly taint my student's minds about such issues.)

Last edited:

JamesB

Haha oh that's funny, intelligent gun owners. You say that after JamesB did what he did? Actually I'm happy to support a facility that ENFORCES safety. Your spurious statements are quite humorous. I said you can CCW at BC. If you wish to use it, it must be cased. If you are smart you could case your CCW and use a back up as a CC. So there for your right to carry is not alienated.

I had a rifle on a sling over my shoulder. (Obviously a threat) This rifle has a bipod and an 18x 50mm scope. Do you own a case that this one will fit in? Do you think it can focus an aim point on anything less that 50 yards? Why is this a threat to anyone's safety?

The point in all of this is not the rifle anyway. It is the Glock on my hip. Lawfully carried in the open. I did not intend to use that gun on the range that day. (That's why I had the rifle.) I did not intend to even take it out of its holster. Open carry does not require a permit. My right to carry is alienated when you require me to either break the law by concealing or purchase a permit that I should not need to excercise that right.

Gunslinger

"somebody comes in the door with a loaded weapon in holster, sling or hand and has intent to rob the place or possibly commit murder."

And you think your anti-freedom 'sign' will stop them? You have the identical philosophy of the rabid, moronic gun controllers: take weapons out of the hands of honest people and the criminals will all of a sudden give up theirs. Your post is perhaps the most inane thing I've read on this forum, and that's saying something.

Iluvguns

Yeah, that sounds like a silly policy. I never understand ranges that trust you to shoot at the range but won't let you carry into the range or store. It's as if you magically can't do any harm on the actual range, but if you carry in the store you'll kill everyone. Riddle me that one.

"When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I think you should chose a new quote. It doesn't work with this topic.

Iluvguns

"somebody comes in the door with a loaded weapon in holster, sling or hand and has intent to rob the place or possibly commit murder."

And you think your anti-freedom 'sign' will stop them? You have the identical philosophy of the rabid, moronic gun controllers: take weapons out of the hands of honest people and the criminals will all of a sudden give up theirs. Your post is perhaps the most inane thing I've read on this forum, and that's saying something.

So, an establishment that offers a place to shoot is anti-freedom? Seems like everyone on here is all about living for the 2nd amendment ONLY. Just waiting for that moment to have to pull the trigger. Plus, did I ever say take the weapons out of the hands...bla bla bla? No I did not. And I don't believe that so don't put words in others people's mouths. Maybe ask before judging. Oh wait, nobody does that on here. It's shoot first ask later, right? See, I just judged. Sorry. God bless

Iluvguns

I had a rifle on a sling over my shoulder. (Obviously a threat) This rifle has a bipod and an 18x 50mm scope. Do you own a case that this one will fit in? Do you think it can focus an aim point on anything less that 50 yards? Why is this a threat to anyone's safety?

The point in all of this is not the rifle anyway. It is the Glock on my hip. Lawfully carried in the open. I did not intend to use that gun on the range that day. (That's why I had the rifle.) I did not intend to even take it out of its holster. Open carry does not require a permit. My right to carry is alienated when you require me to either break the law by concealing or purchase a permit that I should not need to excercise that right.

I've seen some big ass cases, I'm sure you would have no problem finding one. It's a possible threat because you blatantly disregarded the posted signs they have all over. If you managed to NOT READ their signage and walk in violating their policy, I would've been on guard also. See the problem there? Are they supposed to know your intent after the journey past the signs? Your argument is moot. Simply respect business policy and the law and there won't be any problems. Is it satisfying obsessing about carrying 24/7? There are other things to worry about in life than to eat, breath and **** carry rights.

OC for ME

I'm not sure I understand the CC in the store issue. We have reports that folks who went to the store were told that CC is not allowed, and we have one person posting that CC is allowed. Which is it? CC OK or not OK?

In any event, it is a silly policy from a practical standpoint. The logical conclusion that any given carrier will be 'safe' on the range yet is a 'danger' off the range is laughable. Or, it is that they are permitted to be unsafe on the range and not unsafe off the range.

Whatever....it's there store and it's your money. Boycott them and pass the word.

Gunslinger

So, an establishment that offers a place to shoot is anti-freedom? Seems like everyone on here is all about living for the 2nd amendment ONLY. Just waiting for that moment to have to pull the trigger. Plus, did I ever say take the weapons out of the hands...bla bla bla? No I did not. And I don't believe that so don't put words in others people's mouths. Maybe ask before judging. Oh wait, nobody does that on here. It's shoot first ask later, right? See, I just judged. Sorry. God bless

With your week's membership and 7 posts, you may want to stick around for awhile before you judge with "nobody does that on here" statements. Particularly on the Colorado forum.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I regret spending my hard earned $$$ to become a member at BC. I got into trouble there for OC'ing my holstered sidearm. The guy there even went as far as tapping my sidearm with his finger which is a big mistake. The customer next to me had his CCW and was concealing when he went to get some range time. They even told him he could not conceal there. Their signs at the time said must be "cased or holstered." If you look at the signs closely, you can see the "holstered" part is painted over. Needless to say, I'm not renewing my membership nor supporting a business who doesn't respect my rights.

Dear Blu-Cor: You are jerks, and yes, you are done. I've reviewed your policies and have found them to be laughable, at best.

Iluvguns

The biggest issue I have with their policy is the safety and security issues created for the customers because of it:

What happens when one of the smarter scumbags out there figures out that if you can't have a firearm in the store that isn't in a case that would also mean that you won't be exiting the store with a firearm that isn't in a case. That would mean that you have a firearm that would be easier to steal since you aren't allowed to be carrying a firearm for self defense. This wouldn't be the first time that this type of scenario had played out if it happens. I've heard stories of thieves waiting for people to leave firing ranges to jump them and take their firearms, because there are many people out there that go to the range for practice, but don't carry when leaving. Also, what is to keep said scumbag from posing as a customer in the parking lot, watching someone else arrive that unloads in the parking lot, and then takes that opportunity to take the firearm the person just unloaded and cased.

Yes, we support your second ammendment rights, and we will be happy to profit from you giving us your money to use the range or purchase a firearm from us, but you don't have the right to exercise your rights to defend yourself with that same firearm while on our property!

From discussion I've had with others that have spoken to the management of BC, this policy applies to CC as well as OC. Personally I won't be going there to find out. I understand that there are other gun shops that don't allow carry of any kind on their premises as well, and you won't find me their either.

Wrong, CCW. Why cant people read??? Call them up if you cant seem to understand. Jeez

Iluvguns

Dear Blu-Cor: You are jerks, and yes, you are done. I've reviewed your policies and have found them to be laughable, at best.

Quite entertaining, who is Blu-Cor? Since you can't spell the name correctly I believe you didn't review a thing. Since most ranges have policies like theirs, I don't see a point in everyone's mutter. It's okay though. You aren't affecting the majority of gun enthusiasts. Its just reiterating your inconclusive thought process. The ONLY thing that matters to you is what's on your hip. That means you have no trust, there for you won't receive.

I welcome your one minded responses!

Last edited:

Beau

Actually, those signs are up for a reason. It's not only for the safety of employees but for fellow shooters as well. If you don't abide by the posted signs then you could be charged with trespassing. Scenario (which has happened), somebody comes in the door with a loaded weapon in holster, sling or hand and has intent to rob the place or possibly commit murder. Would you, a customer, want that to happen? That is why employees AND uniformed officers are allowed to open carry on the premises. At BC you are allowed to CCW on the premises but if you want to use that firearm on the range you must case it. The reason is to avoid AD's on the line while unholstering. Also, you CAN draw from OWB holster with permission from the range master. They will ask you to clear it and perform a DRY draw to make sure presentation is safe and finger is at rest before firing. These rules and policies are not in place to piss off people. They are enforced for EVERYONE'S safety. So don't take it personally. If other ranges don't have a similar policy or enforce them, they are sitting ducks and have less time to react to deadly situations.

If you can't respect a business policy especially when firearms is the nature of the business then don't waste your time. When you walk in the door with a weapon on your back admitting you read the signs, what do you expect to happen? People need to take it seriously.
1) Ignoring a posted rule is not trespassing.

2) As a customer, if someone were to come in with intent to "rob the place or possibly commit murder", I would want to have the ability to defend myself.

3) As a business that is in the business of the 2A they should be championing the right of the people to carry in whatever manner they choose.

I understand that there are some idiots out there. But when you make rules, or laws, that cater to the lowest common denominator everyone loses. I personally will never shop there and will advise others to do the same.

Polynikes

Time for an anecdotal, but on topic story. My wife wanted to go look at a few guns at Specialty Sports, here in Colorado Springs, so I was happy to go along. I was wearing my XD9sc concealed in an IWB holster. While my wife was checking out several firearms, I struck up a conversation with the gunsmith on premises, asking about a slight rattle that I had in the mag release on my XD. He offered some opinions, but said that he could give a more accurate answer if he could see the gun, which up until this point had been holstered and invisible. I informed the gentleman that I had the gun on me, holstered and loaded and inquired if he wanted me to removing the weapon for his inspection. He stated he would still be happy to take a look at the gun, so I lifted my shirt, drew the handgun with barrel pointed down and my index finger along the slide. With the gun still pointed at the floor, I dropped the magazine and locked back the slide to clear the chamber, before turning the gun around and handing it grip first to the gunsmith for inspection.

There were probably 35-40 other customers in the store at that point, and at least ten employees visible. At no point were any of them subjected to harm or even in any remote danger, despite the fact the my loaded handgun went from concealed, to visible, to in my hand. The staff at the store appeared to not be at all apprenhensive about the fact that I was carrying a gun and upon returning the gun back to me, told me that I was free to reload the gun in their store. (I put the magazine back in, pocketed the loose round and waited until I had returned to my car to chamber it again, out of courtesy.)

Bottom line, are there criminals and careless people out there with guns? Sure, but how does that justify enforcing pointless rules on those of us who DON'T fall into those categories, rules that the criminals or the careless won't heed?