• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If "guns don't kill people, people kill people" do "guns save lives"?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yep, that's the people save lives sticker.

This should jog your memory:lol:

That was an eventful evening from the attempt to force signing in downstairs, to getting the zinger, and I'm still waiting for the response from the Mayor's Assistant. :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That was an eventful evening from the attempt to force signing in downstairs, to getting the zinger, and I'm still waiting for the response from the Mayor's Assistant. :lol:

I believe it was Ruth something, the Mayors assistant. I'm sure she will get in touch. It's only been 2 years, two months and 5 days.....not that I'm counting.

architect

Even the relative likelihood of the presence of a gun can prevent crime, there need not actually be a gun visible. It is clear that criminals are emboldened in GFZ's, the kids play Knock Out King in DC subway stations, but not in VA, etc. So I don't think GSL can be equated with GDKP, PKP as a slogan.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... the presence of one can functionally deter an assailant, even without being drawn...

This.

And for the concealed firearms question, the knowledge that a significant percentage of the victims are armed is a deterrent as well.

CHILINVLN

"Bearing is Caring."

I like that.

This I would actually wear. I have never worn a button or sticker that says "Guns Saves Lives". I personally don't believe the statement since a gun is technically a weapon and can be used however the individual chooses to use it. However, I believe in us having our Constitutional RIGHT to carry openly or concealed.

On that note, I do like the "Bearing is Caring" phrase. It shows that those who carry mean well.

45acpForMe

I thought the GSL stickers were noting the statistics where more guns have been sold and crime has dropped.

Just like in places that allow carry/CC/OC crime is lower than in anti-2A cities/states. So more guns == less crime == saved lives.

Now "we" know that the gun needs to be weilded in self defense or defense of others to "save" a life but if it works it works.

There was an ad on TV where I grew up for an amusement park that had annoying brats saying "fun WOW" over and over again. People hated the ad vehemenently but it got peoples attention and made them talk about it and remember the amusement park. It was even "fun" to mock the ad in route to the amusement park. So short and sweet works and short and annoying works too, I guess. :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I thought the GSL stickers were noting the statistics where more guns have been sold and crime has dropped.

Just like in places that allow carry/CC/OC crime is lower than in anti-2A cities/states. So more guns == less crime == saved lives.

Now "we" know that the gun needs to be weilded in self defense or defense of others to "save" a life but if it works it works.

There was an ad on TV where I grew up for an amusement park that had annoying brats saying "fun WOW" over and over again. People hated the ad vehemenently but it got peoples attention and made them talk about it and remember the amusement park. It was even "fun" to mock the ad in route to the amusement park. So short and sweet works and short and annoying works too, I guess. :)

I've had enough fun with this thread now.

Almost every day someone will stop me and say, I really agree with the sticker on your car or my GSL badge.

I don't understand why we've started Pixel Peeking....In other words, over analyzing everything and I mean everything. It hasn't been cold enough for cabin fever to set in.

Marco

Guns Save Lives

Almost every day someone will stop me and say, I really agree with the sticker on your car or my GSL badge.

I don't understand why we've started Pixel Peeking....In other words, over analyzing everything and I mean everything.

1+
I have one on each of our cars and wear a pin/button daily.
The folks I encounter daily don't have a problem understanding the message. So why are we?

Folks that don't know me and have never heard about VCDL ask where they can get one, luckily I have a surplus.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

... "Bearing is Caring" (the girlfriend came up with that one).

Thoughts?

"Bearing is Caring."

I like that.

On that note, I do like the "Bearing is Caring" phrase. It shows that those who carry mean well.

:banghead:

Someone needs to check their LGBT slang handbook.

Bears.jpg