• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rick Perry question concerning open carry

Arkyhog

I have a legitimate question; Rick Perry says he "strongly supports the Second Amendment"... What, if anything, did he do to change the fact that Texas is only one of seven states that doesn't allow the open carry of a handgun? I have checked his background, and the only way I can see he supports gun legislation is to sign it (if it makes it to his desk). I need some facts from Texans.

KBCraig

When he appeared on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio this past year, Tom asked him what the holdup was with Texas not being an open carry state.

Perry hemmed and hawed and tap-danced and finally blurted out, "Well, I'm just a really strong concealed carry guy."

He didn't want to talk about OC at all. He was much more comfortable talking about shooting the coyote.

Cowboy_Rick

He (Rick Perry) doesn't care anymore-he has lost out for the office of "PRESIDENT". But soon, his re-election will be here, then we will see!