• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2011 Rio Rancho-Albuquerque OC Get-Together a Success!

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I am pleased to report that 13 people -- plus one baby (!) -- showed up for our 2nd Annual RR/ABQ OC Get-Together event this evening (see picture below) -- about twice as many as I had guessed would attend. We ended up spending about 4 hours (!) there at the Rio Rancho Village Inn -- which allowed some late arrivals to make it after all. This particular Village Inn probably was the safest VI in town while we were there!

Most had 9mm pistols, 4 of us had 1911s (45ACP), and IIRC there was one 40-cal. No revolvers. And no, I don't believe the baby was carrying anything (TMK). ;-)

Plans are to work on making such meetings more frequent, most likely once a month. Others may post here in the NM area giving details on that...

Thanks to all who were able to attend...especially Holey 1 and his wife who (IIRC) came the farthest from the Santa Fe area!

...and thanks to the non-Forum members (mostly from ABQ) who came also.

Happy New Year to all those attending and other OC Forum members here as well.

BTW, I am not in the pic -- was holding the camera!

P.S. The picture here had to be reduced in size (& quality) in order to be within the maximum image size for posting...if any attendees would like the full-size (& quality) pics (about 3.86MB each) PM me, give me your e-mail address and I will send them (both pics I took) to you via return e-mail.

Last edited:

cmontanojr

I agree as well. My son (baby Andre) and I had fun and your right, he was not carrying that night!! It was the safest VI and it was a very great time. It was great discussions and great meeting everyone. I look forward to getting together more often.