• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another postive report about 2A that you probably won't hear about

Firedawg314

I just seen this report and it really something.

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en...=false&filterHidden=true&filterUnhidden=false

If it didn't link you to it, I will copy and paste it...

"Pistol Packin' Mama Kills Man Trying to Rob Her Son: Police(PA)

nbcphiladelphia.com ^ | 28 December, 2011 | Teresa Masterson

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:57:51 AM by marktwain

A Philadelphia man was shot dead Tuesday night after he made the mistake of trying to rob a man who had a pistol packin mama nearby, police say.

A 23-year-old man was in the stairwell of his East Oak Lane apartment building with his girlfriend at about 9 p.m. when a 19-year-old man walked up to them, pistol-whipped the man and shot him in the leg while trying to rob him, according to police.

The victims 46-year-old mother heard the commotion from her upstairs apartment, grabbed her legally registered gun, went into the stairwell and shot the suspect, police say.

The 19-year-old robbery suspect died at the scene with one gunshot wound to the chest, according to authorities.

The 23-year-old man (SON) was taken to Einstein Medical Center where he was in stable condition Tuesday night.

Upon police arrival, [the woman] gave police her weapon and she told us she was intervening in a robbery and she was protecting her son, Philadelphia Chief Inspector Scott Small tells NBC Philadelphia.

The 46-year-old mother has not been arrested, but she is being interviewed, police say."

RPGamingGirl

I wish she hadn't said she was intervening in a robbery. The correct answer would have been "He shot first, and i returned fire to save the life of my son."

KBCraig

I wish she hadn't said she was intervening in a robbery. The correct answer would have been "He shot first, and i returned fire to save the life of my son."
Only if he actually shot first.

Pistol-whipping someone is deadly force, same as hitting them over the head with any other kind of club. Deadly force is justified in return.

NG19

Only if he actually shot first.

Pistol-whipping someone is deadly force, same as hitting them over the head with any other kind of club. Deadly force is justified in return.

You are right but it also says

"Shot him in the leg"

So that also justified deadly force

Firedawg314

You are right but it also says

"Shot him in the leg"

So that also justified deadly force

You are 100% correct! I wish the message would get out to those who want to do harm... that, you never know who's watching. maybe that will scare a few people this season???

peterarthur

"one gunshot wound to the chest"...

Now THAT is gun control. One shot, one kill.

Call the garbage men to pick up the trash. Our country improved a tiny bit thanks to Pistol Packing Mama.

Firedawg314

"one gunshot wound to the chest"...

Now THAT is gun control. One shot, one kill.

Call the garbage men to pick up the trash. Our country improved a tiny bit thanks to Pistol Packing Mama.

HEy, maybe we can give her a gold plated gun and call it the "Bond Award"..."One shot, One Kill" like from the video game...LOL.

Oramac

Your parents just explained your screen name too me, now I get it!
Mine was a '78 350 V-8! FEEL THE POWER!
LIKE A HEAVY MAGNUM LOAD!

Sweet! Always a lot of fun, and even get to stick it to the hippies too! I'm surprised the rents knew what my screenname even was though!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
It didn't describe the lighting or distances involved, regardless, solving the problem with a single shot while certainly being highly stressed about the safety of your child (adult or otherwise) shows a competent woman willing and able to defend herself and her family. Kudos to her!