Thread: Supposed conservative morning talk show on KFYI already starting to lobby against

Campaign Veteran

Supposed conservative morning talk show on KFYI already starting to lobby against

the yet to be introduced new 'guns on campus' bill. I think they're still mad about the constitution carry bill being signed by the governor that they lobbied so heavily against. And then there's the 'guns in bars' bill they lobbied against. They blame the NRA for these new gun bills when in fact it's the AZCDL that get these bills introduced. Pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post
    the yet to be introduced new 'guns on campus' bill. I think they're still mad about the constitution carry bill being signed by the governor that they lobbied so heavily against. And then there's the 'guns in bars' bill they lobbied against. They blame the NRA for these new gun bills when in fact it's the AZCDL that get these bills introduced. Pretty funny.
    He's right, though. You see, as soon as a person sets foot onto the campus of a school, especially a college, they lose all sense of right and wrong and become belligerent mad men, almost as if they instantaneously drank an entire bottle of vodka...

Thumbs up

In the last few years, I've really come around to realizing that, on "rights" issues, it's not so much liberalism vs. conservativism as it is statism vs. liberty. Unfortunately, there are plenty of statists who wear the conservative label. There are even a fair number on this board...

Talking

Carrying a gun on a college campus right now is only a misdemeanor. I think that the little girls over at KFYI might be astonished to learn how many people are doing it already, despite the law. If they ever found out, they'd probably get so scared that they'd make a little mess in their panties.

They also used their radio station to try and defeat Constitutional Carry, whining like a bunch of silk panty liberals. So far we haven't heard any retraction.

"Conservative"? I think not.

As an FYI, this year's Campus Carry bill is NRA generated.

Fred

I was somewhat surprised to hear Mike Broomhead lobby against guns on campus.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    I was somewhat surprised to hear Mike Broomhead lobby against guns on campus.
    As much as I like to listen to Mike Broomhead, it seems that he rarely goes against the views of the morning show(Barry Young), especially concerning gun legislation. They are all famous for spouting the 'You won't find a bigger supporter of the 2nd amendment than me, BUT' line.

real v. imagined harm

Sadly, we still have plenty of folks who spout the line, "I'm a staunch 2nd amendment supporter" then qualify their perfidy. I almost (almost)
    have more respect for the gun melters. I totally disagree with their positions, but at least they're honest about those position. They're just a
    bunch of collectivist wackos who want the "state" to take care of them. In the final analysis, you're either for gun-owner rights or you're not.
    Carrying, open or concealed offers no actual "harm" to anyone. It's never how someone carries a gun that bothers me, it's what they do with
    that gun that can cause me distress. Someone shooting at me, now that's harm !!!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    SNIP In the last few years, I've really come around to realizing that, on "rights" issues, it's not so much liberalism vs. conservativism as it is statism vs. liberty. Unfortunately, there are plenty of statists who wear the conservative label.
    +1
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.