• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw my first OC'er in Henderson @ Walmart

jdholmes

Saw my first OC'er in Henderson the other day. Was shopping with my wife and seen him with his significant other - scruffy black beard, white, carrying what looked from where I was a 1911 style of some sort with a very nice looking grip.

He saw me looking, I gave an arm point and a "nice" before my wife pulled me away. :)

Was great to see.

28kfps

Saw my first OC'er in Henderson the other day. Was shopping with my wife and seen him with his significant other - scruffy black beard, white, carrying what looked from where I was a 1911 style of some sort with a very nice looking grip.

He saw me looking, I gave an arm point and a "nice" before my wife pulled me away. :)

Was great to see.

Wow. Probably been others however, first I have heard of anyone here seeing another OCer in Vegas or Henderson. I see them all the time in Pahrump. When seeing others OCing I always walk up to them making sure I have eye contact, when I get close enough I can talk to them I first say thanks for open carrying. Lets them know right up front I am on their side.
It always has turned into a pleasant conversation and gives me a chance to ask if they know of OC dot Org.
Saw a hard-core biker guy, vest with the affiliation on it, large knife, long hair, tattoos, beard, open carrying. Approached him in the same manner and had a great conversation told him about OC dot Org however he was not into computers.

Last edited:

Dodoandduck

OC'r at Walmart

Saw my first OC'r at Walmart on Lake Mead and Boulder Hwy. Not a good impression.We were at the service counter picking up a car after an oil change. A young kid, maybe 9 or 10 goes walking out the service exit. The elderly woman working at the counter tells him he can't go out that way and needs to use the main exit. A few seconds later a guy comes storming in, glock OC'd on his right hip and starts yelling at her that he can go wherever he wants. She tried to explain it was company policy, safety issues, minor unaccompanied in a shop area, etc. Reasonable enough as far as I'm concerned. This guy had a serious self control issue and a temper that did not belong attached to a firearm.

28kfps

Saw my first OC'r at Walmart on Lake Mead and Boulder Hwy. Not a good impression.We were at the service counter picking up a car after an oil change. A young kid, maybe 9 or 10 goes walking out the service exit. The elderly woman working at the counter tells him he can't go out that way and needs to use the main exit. A few seconds later a guy comes storming in, glock OC'd on his right hip and starts yelling at her that he can go wherever he wants. She tried to explain it was company policy, safety issues, minor unaccompanied in a shop area, etc. Reasonable enough as far as I'm concerned. This guy had a serious self control issue and a temper that did not belong attached to a firearm.

Yep people like him are not doing us any good.