Thread: Uncle Mike's Kydex Holster

Uncle Mike's Kydex Holster

Does anyone have any experience with this holster? I just ordered one for my Glock 30. I liked the Blackhawk Serpa locking holster but some reviews I read say the locking mechanism stops working if the holster gets dirty so I got this as an affordable alternative.

Just wondering if anyone here uses this holster and if so how does it work for an OC holster?

here it is http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...Kydex+Holster/
    Last edited by ZachRU; 12-29-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Don't have a Glock so don't have experience with that specific holster. But I do have Serpas. There was a problem with the locking mechanism getting bound up if anything got behind the innards. They fixed that so it is much harder for that to happen.

Being as how they will always build a better fool, nothing is foolproof. However, I'm not worried about my new-gen Serpa failing me. Thousands of others seem to feel the same way, and there are no reports of the new-gen ones failing like the old one did.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by ZachRU View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with this holster?

Just wondering if anyone here uses this holster and if so how does it work for an OC holster?
    [/url]
    I use one on my Ruger P series. No worries, great holster. I don't use a paddle tho, I strap it on my belt. Mine is adjustable too.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Thanks for both your responses. The Mikes was only 20 bucks with a paddle and belt attachment so if it doesn't work as well as I'd like there wont be much harm trying out a serpa or other holster.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachRU View Post
    Thanks for both your responses. The Mikes was only 20 bucks with a paddle and belt attachment so if it doesn't work as well as I'd like there wont be much harm trying out a serpa or other holster.
    I use a Blackhawk Serpa for my PT1911, it is the best holster i have ever used hands down, going on 1 year of heavy duty use and it's still just like the day i ordered it. But i'm sure the Kydex will be just fine.

I always keep a few on hand just to suit my many needs.
    Owner of Urban Tactical Accessories
    www.urbantacticalaccessories.com

I've shot USPSA with an Uncle Mike's for years. At least 20k rounds with the same holster. Works fine. Price is right.