• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your thoughts on the Kimber Stainless Raptor II

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
As people have already said, you can't judge a NEW gun (re: functioning) until you run several hundred rounds through it. Then, if STILL malfunctions, you make sure (first) that it's not the magazine(s) or YOU limp-wristing...if not then it's the gun. Still, some polishing here and there usually fixes functioning and feeding probems.

The point is, ANY new gun out of the box may have functioning issues but you can't label a gun (too early) a "POS" as, for example, some people did re: the Beretta 3032 Tomcat. MINE was fine! Plenty of people tell you their guns worked fine right out of the box -- true, and good for them -- but I'm just saying new gun owners should put off their judgement ("reviews") of a new gun until a it has been broken-in.

You don't have to SHOOT the gun (or "waste" several hundred rounds of ammo) in order to "break it in" (you can do other things, like I do with mine) but for most people who DO shoot their guns right out of the box, they shouldn't label a gun as "defective" (or unreliable) until it's broken-in...even though most people start the name-calling as soon as a gun malfunctions and look no further to see exactly what the problem is.

Last edited:

230therapy

I had a TERRIBLE experience with Kimber customer service. Their techs focused upon getting my guns out of their shop rather than solving the problem. A local gunsmith evaluated the gun and found obvious problems such as the burr in the chamber that the Kimber techs missed.