Thread: Facebook Group - New Mexico Open Carry

Facebook Group - New Mexico Open Carry

https://www.facebook.com/groups/202828969806738/
    <-- Click there and join!

As was previously suggested I created a Facebook group specifically for those of us in New Mexico. This will be a great way to easily and quickly alert members to any upcoming or "spur-of-the-moment" meets.

Done
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

facebook

Thx for the approval

also check out

www.alamogordo2atf.com

and join our FB group as well which is linked from that site.

Question Open Carry

How is "open carry" defined? How much of the gun has to be visible? For example, is a handgun that protrudes from the pocket considered "Open carry?"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opad View Post
    How is "open carry" defined? How much of the gun has to be visible? For example, is a handgun that protrudes from the pocket considered "Open carry?"
    Perhaps it is better to define what is not openly carried, which is therefore concealed.

Chapter 29 article 19 part 2 of concealed handgun carry act of 2003

Concealed handgun:
    A loaded handgun that is not visible to the ordinary observations of a reasonable person.

http://www.dps.nm.org/lawEnforcement...pleteAct05.pdf
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Update-Las Cruces

So I am new here in New Mexico and have been OCing a little more lately. (getting a feel for the area). I also have been updating the freindorfoe.com for the area as well if anyone was interested
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    So I am new here in New Mexico and have been OCing a little more lately. (getting a feel for the area). I also have been updating the freindorfoe.com for the area as well if anyone was interested
    Correct link is http://friendorfoe.us/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    I saw you added an entry for Walmart, but you should know (if you don't already) that it is a felony to open carry inside any Walmart in NM that sells alcohol (which is most if not all of them). The signs they post on the doors specifically state that CCW holders are exempt and free to conceal carry inside.

Quote Originally Posted by castiel View Post
    I saw you added an entry for Walmart, but you should know (if you don't already) that it is a felony to open carry inside any Walmart in NM that sells alcohol (which is most if not all of them). The signs they post on the doors specifically state that CCW holders are exempt and free to conceal carry inside.
    I'm not sure if any others do this, but the new(ish) Super WM on the South side of Santa Fe has recently added no-gun "gunbuster" stickers on each of the inner sliding doors; on the outside is the notice exempting CC holders. I believe they are trying to make sure open carriers know the law.