Thread: Anti-gun bills in Senate

Anti-gun bills in Senate

If you go through the Fl senate website, you can view all the anti freedom bills. And they are many. Here is one I find relating to weapons at schools. It wants to make having a pocket knife at school illegal. What creature could think of something like this? That would be senator Jeremy Ring. Usually such bills originate from the "diversity" in the legislature but he's from Ct so I guess it makes sense.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2012/356

I'm sure there are other bad ones so we may as well follow them. I found no good gun bills worth getting excited over but didn't look that hard.
    Last edited by 77zach; 12-30-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I found no good gun bills worth getting excited over but didn't look that hard.
    Here's a recent attack on Freedom from a South Florida DemoRat. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...lorida-DemoRat

Here's another winner by Sachs, D-30 (Broward)

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2012/1340

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    If you go through the Fl senate website, you can view all the anti freedom bills. And they are many. Here is one I find relating to weapons at schools. It wants to make having a pocket knife at school illegal. What creature could think of something like this? That would be senator Jeremy Ring. Usually such bills originate from the "diversity" in the legislature but he's from Ct so I guess it makes sense.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2012/356

I'm sure there are other bad ones so we may as well follow them. I found no good gun bills worth getting excited over but didn't look that hard.

Interesting, I was just talking with an old schoolmate of mine the other night- as we were discussing knives I have been making, lately- about this very thing: How, back in our day, almost every male of our age freely, and openly, carried at least a pocket knife (usually a Buck or Case lockback) and sometimes even a fixed-blade/sheathed knife on our hip everywhere-including school. And with no hassles or issues. (4th or 5th grade through 12th..)

When fights would break out in school, they went fist-to-fist only, and usually both combatants had a knife on their hip. No one ever even considered reaching for their blade during these fights, that I can recall. Had they done so, it would have been considered the lowest form of candyassing, and they would likely have been lynched by the crowds watching the fight....

I know up in NY, kids are lighting each other up with knives and firearms in some schools, at times, but..has it begun here as well-enough to try to justify such a bill as this?

if you ever hear my name running for political office in florida or the usa, know that i would never THINK of signing a bill like this, nor any bill that restricted a free man to exercise his rights
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.