• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun bills in Senate

77zach

If you go through the Fl senate website, you can view all the anti freedom bills. And they are many. Here is one I find relating to weapons at schools. It wants to make having a pocket knife at school illegal. What creature could think of something like this? That would be senator Jeremy Ring. Usually such bills originate from the "diversity" in the legislature but he's from Ct so I guess it makes sense.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2012/356

I'm sure there are other bad ones so we may as well follow them. I found no good gun bills worth getting excited over but didn't look that hard.

Last edited:

j4l

If you go through the Fl senate website, you can view all the anti freedom bills. And they are many. Here is one I find relating to weapons at schools. It wants to make having a pocket knife at school illegal. What creature could think of something like this? That would be senator Jeremy Ring. Usually such bills originate from the "diversity" in the legislature but he's from Ct so I guess it makes sense.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2012/356

I'm sure there are other bad ones so we may as well follow them. I found no good gun bills worth getting excited over but didn't look that hard.

Interesting, I was just talking with an old schoolmate of mine the other night- as we were discussing knives I have been making, lately- about this very thing: How, back in our day, almost every male of our age freely, and openly, carried at least a pocket knife (usually a Buck or Case lockback) and sometimes even a fixed-blade/sheathed knife on our hip everywhere-including school. And with no hassles or issues. (4th or 5th grade through 12th..)

When fights would break out in school, they went fist-to-fist only, and usually both combatants had a knife on their hip. No one ever even considered reaching for their blade during these fights, that I can recall. Had they done so, it would have been considered the lowest form of candyassing, and they would likely have been lynched by the crowds watching the fight....

I know up in NY, kids are lighting each other up with knives and firearms in some schools, at times, but..has it begun here as well-enough to try to justify such a bill as this?

hammer6

if you ever hear my name running for political office in florida or the usa, know that i would never THINK of signing a bill like this, nor any bill that restricted a free man to exercise his rights