• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2011 in Review, Search Incident to Arrest, not now so narrow exception to Fourth Amen

Fallschirjmäger

The Constitution is pro-efficient Federal Government, at the expense of the states. So, the Federal Government, as it tickles their fancy, will decide to Bench the case, or not.

DuhWHA?
" The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

How is PROHIBITING the federal government from doing anything not specifically delegated to it 'pro-efficient'? It means the States decide all the issues NOT specifically delegated to the Federal Government.

The fact that the commerce clause has been a MASSIVE Federal government power grab notwithstanding. But hey, I guess the Fed just wanted to become less powerful, and less efficient?

Seriously... that's almost as bad as some idiot saying they want to tax the rich so they won't have any money. Who's gonna hire people, the bum on the street?

Last edited:

smokeyburnout

If you have an IPhone its quite simple. Under settings password protect your phone and after you feel comfortable that you can remember it you set it to auto delete all content after 4 failed password attempts. Yes this is an actual setting on the phone. Glad I scrapped my flip phone lol.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
If you have an IPhone its quite simple. Under settings password protect your phone and after you feel comfortable that you can remember it you set it to auto delete all content after 4 failed password attempts. Yes this is an actual setting on the phone. Glad I scrapped my flip phone lol.

Hmmmm. I wonder if a phone can be set up to auto-delete with a certain password. One password for access, one password for access plus auto-delete.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Hmmmm. I wonder if a phone can be set up to auto-delete with a certain password. One password for access, one password for access plus auto-delete.
Is delete more effective on a phone than on a computer? My drive-wiper takes about three hours to 3X overwrite blank portions of each disk, one clear and one encrypted.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Is delete more effective on a phone than on a computer? My drive-wiper takes about three hours to 3X overwrite blank portions of each disk, one clear and one encrypted.

I don't know, but I can estimate. I would estimate that deletion on a phone would be faster. A phone does not use a disk, but I am guessing something more akin to RAM.

But, first, to be totally effective, you would need a phone that actually deleted. I understand from limited reading on the issue of cops searching phones that user deletion on some phones still leaves the info still in the phone memory.

Also, some police now have a device they can plug into the phone and download the info. If this device bypasses password protection, a password that accesses-and-deletes would be useless.

smokeyburnout

some maybe recovered but by the time that officer has any kind of chance to acess something near that kind of equipment you lawyer should be called and should be able to have the phone returned to you. Lets be honest. Most police wont be that tech savvy and will need to find someone in the dept that is. Auto delete should more than suffice if your that worried about whats on it. I personally am not. There is nothing on my phones or computer that would concern me.

smokeyburnout

also I was mistaken about the number of attempts it is after 10 failed attempts it will delete all content on the phone. You can set a simple passlock (4 digits) or normal passlock (up to 20 char). Also you can disable things like preview for txt messages so it wont show who sent the message or any content until the passlock is entered. All it will say is text message as an alert.