Thread: Home Invasions in the land of the disarmed...

Home Invasions in the land of the disarmed...

A Baltimore citizen is shot in the face and killed while trying to fight back against two armed home-invasion thugs.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bre...,7428712.story

If the homeowner had been armed, this story would have had a VERY different ending, I suspect (two dead thugs, and one law-abiding citizen in jail until the BPD "sorted things out"...)

In MD, it's a "catch-22" with regards to defending yourself against criminals--jailed if you do, dead if you don't...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Get a shotgun

Oneof my sons lived in Baltimore for a while. I gave him a shotgun (legal in MD) in the event he had to fend off any robbers - he never had to use it, but it made him and me feel secure that he could repel/scare off anyone if he ever needed it. Unfortunately, its what you have to do in MD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    A Baltimore citizen is shot in the face and killed while trying to fight back against two armed home-invasion thugs.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bre...,7428712.story

If the homeowner had been armed, this story would have had a VERY different ending, I suspect (two dead thugs, and one law-abiding citizen in jail until the BPD "sorted things out"...)

In MD, it's a "catch-22" with regards to defending yourself against criminals--jailed if you do, dead if you don't...

Home Invader asfixiated to death by home owners...

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/cri...led-a-homicide

No charges will be filed against the homeowners or their neighbor.

If they had used a gun to defend themselves, they would probably be in jail as we speak though. Because in Maryland, it's apparently OK to choke the life out of someone who is violently and illegally invading your home, but god forbid you defend yourself with a firearm...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Being born and raised in Murderland, I know as fact that a large part of the population is armed in their home. Specifically on the Eastern shore, and where there is a large population of country folk. The predominte thing is that family and self will be defended in the home. Goes back to the old quote, "Better judged by 12, then carried by 6"
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone