• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invasions in the land of the disarmed...

Dreamer

A Baltimore citizen is shot in the face and killed while trying to fight back against two armed home-invasion thugs.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-ci-northwest-shooting-20111229,0,7428712.story

If the homeowner had been armed, this story would have had a VERY different ending, I suspect (two dead thugs, and one law-abiding citizen in jail until the BPD "sorted things out"...)

In MD, it's a "catch-22" with regards to defending yourself against criminals--jailed if you do, dead if you don't...

RobertNOVA

Get a shotgun

Oneof my sons lived in Baltimore for a while. I gave him a shotgun (legal in MD) in the event he had to fend off any robbers - he never had to use it, but it made him and me feel secure that he could repel/scare off anyone if he ever needed it. Unfortunately, its what you have to do in MD.

A Baltimore citizen is shot in the face and killed while trying to fight back against two armed home-invasion thugs.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-ci-northwest-shooting-20111229,0,7428712.story

If the homeowner had been armed, this story would have had a VERY different ending, I suspect (two dead thugs, and one law-abiding citizen in jail until the BPD "sorted things out"...)

In MD, it's a "catch-22" with regards to defending yourself against criminals--jailed if you do, dead if you don't...

Dreamer

Red Dawg

Being born and raised in Murderland, I know as fact that a large part of the population is armed in their home. Specifically on the Eastern shore, and where there is a large population of country folk. The predominte thing is that family and self will be defended in the home. Goes back to the old quote, "Better judged by 12, then carried by 6"