Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 98

Thread: Are y'all ready for kwikrnu's open carry visit to the legislature?

  1. #1
    Regular Member RussP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Posts
    393

    Are y'all ready for kwikrnu's open carry visit to the legislature?

    I know, not a pleasant thought, but he is headed to Kentucky and Frankfort, open carrying an AR pistol.

    For those not familiar with the kwikrnu story, just Google kwikrnu and/or Leonard Embody, his real name.

    He's been active on http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?27817-kwikrnu where he last posted his intentions about carrying to Frankfort during the legislative session in 2012. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...46#post3726346

    RussP
    Last edited by RussP; 12-31-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

  2. #2
    Regular Member rscottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    613
    I stopped commenting on the whole kwikrnu thread when he was trying to change the un-Constitutional laws of certain towns in TN and any post that even remotely supported his legal right to do what he was doing was met with huge amounts of animosity.

    Now, I am from KY and we do not have a lot of problems carrying firearms in our state so I am not sure what point kwikrnu is trying to make now.

    What I am really curious about though is why you RussP have followed kwikrnu over to another forum to comment on his posts. I can read from your posts that you do not like him but reading your previous posts and these newer ones makes me wonder about you.

    Your obsession with him just does not seem normal.

  3. #3
    Regular Member RussP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    I stopped commenting on the whole kwikrnu thread when he was trying to change the un-Constitutional laws of certain towns in TN and any post that even remotely supported his legal right to do what he was doing was met with huge amounts of animosity.

    Now, I am from KY and we do not have a lot of problems carrying firearms in our state so I am not sure what point kwikrnu is trying to make now.

    What I am really curious about though is why you RussP have followed kwikrnu over to another forum to comment on his posts. I can read from your posts that you do not like him but reading your previous posts and these newer ones makes me wonder about you.

    Your obsession with him just does not seem normal.
    My interest has gone from concern that he'd do something stupid leading to his injury or death, to concern that he would injure someone himself, to amusement at his efforts to rewrite the history of his exploits, including his memory lapses during depositions. The history rewrites are especially interesting, very entertaining.

    What point is he trying to make by coming to Frankfort armed and dressed as he plans? Same reason(s) he had at Radnor Lake.
    Last edited by RussP; 12-31-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605
    keltec:

    Why Bash kwikrnu if His Actions are NOT Illegal?

    I thought We ALL Supported Legal Firearm-related Actions and Constitutional Rights?

    It is Legal to do what He did, so why Accuse Him of being a '...[M]ad Man with a Gun...'?

    aadvark

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    technically, his story isn't about 'long gun carry.'
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    Then why was his CCW revoked? I know exactly why... It's because he was carrying an assault rifle to walk his dog in the park
    That is a false statement. He was actually carrying a pistol.

    Agree with him and his actions, or disagree with him and his actions; but at least be accurate about what happened.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    Carrying an AR-15 in the streets is stupid, and gives legitimate Open Carriers a bad name. Long guns are designed for power, performance and accuracy; not necessarily to kill a local citizen trying to rob you. Unless you're in your home, there should be no reason to carry a rifle for self defense because of a criminal.
    He hasn't been carrying a rifle.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  8. #8
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    And now for something completely random.

    Why no, good sir, I am not ready for it at all!

    *Grabs his popcorn, soda, and remote control*

    Okay, now I'm ready! You can continue.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    This is a quote from the Nashville City Paper:

    "A champion of the Second Amendment is vowing to exercise his constitutional rights by parading around Bicentennial Mall with a loaded AK-47 assault pistol slung across his back, but even fellow gun advocates are denouncing his behavior as a foolish publicity stunt."

    I'm sorry, it's an AK-47 Pistol. I think your argument for this guy is a publicity stunt in it's own.
    I haven't been 'arguing for this guy.' I don't agree with what he is doing. But, I do attempt to be accurate when speaking of events. And, the quote notwithstanding, an AK-47 pistol is not an "assault pistol."
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  10. #10
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    I think your argument for this guy is a publicity stunt in it's own.


    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    Then why was his CCW revoked? I know exactly why... It's because he was carrying an assault rifle to walk his dog in the park
    I love it when people use sensational terms to describe a firearm.


    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    Carrying an AR-15 in the streets is stupid, and gives legitimate Open Carriers a bad name. Long guns are designed for power, performance and accuracy; not necessarily to kill a local citizen trying to rob you. Unless you're in your home, there should be no reason to carry a rifle for self defense because of a criminal.
    Concealed-carry-only types say the same thing about handgun open carry. Your comments seem conflicting to other posts you have made:

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-on-Open-Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by keltec
    Carry on my friends! Don't be afraid to exercise your LEGAL RIGHT to bear arms and open carry in a legal manner!

  11. #11
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    Just because I support something doesn't mean I will do it myself. I support the un-restriction of "drugs", it doesn't mean I will partake in smoking Mary Jane when "drugs" become un-restricted. Although, I would support and fight for anyone's right to do so.

    I have no problem with your opinion. Although, most people with similar opinions, and who use the term "assault rifle", seem to think there should be some kind of restrictions on firearms. Restrictions ranging from a complete ban to "common sense gun laws." That, I do have a problem with, as I strongly believe there should be no restrictions on firearms, what so ever.

    I'm not saying you would be for restrictions, just pointing out that your line of thought in this thread seems to parallel some of the people who are in favor of restrictions. From reading that other thread you started, it seems like you are contradicting yourself.

    Are you for people legally open carrying firearms, or not? Have you changed your mind. Not trying to sound like a D%&k, just curious and bored at work.

    "First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

    Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

    Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me."

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    An AR-15 is an "assault rifle." Enough said.
    No, not 'enough said.' That is a false statement. And, the OP subject had nothing to do with 'assault rifle,' OR with 'rifle,' OR with long gun.

    Quote Originally Posted by keltec
    Your comment is completely irrelevant. This isn't a matter of a Concealed Carriers opinion of open carry, it's a matter of my "freely" expressed opinion about what this guy is doing. Since you're so sincere to the statement being made by open carrying an assault pistol in public, why don't you do it?
    It is completely relevant. It IS the same as how many CC-only people view OC.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    So, you're basically telling me you believe I'm contradicting myself in terms of agreeing with Open Carry on one thread, but disagreeing with carrying assault rifles in another?
    NO ONE in this thread is actually discussing 'carrying assault rifles.' That is a false construct.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    No, it's not relevant. People who CC generally do not agree with OC. But when an Open Carrier believes an aspect of OC is morally incorrect, there's usually something wrong with that form of OC. In this case, the guy was open carrying an assault pistol; and this is NOT the way to REPRESENT the Open Carry advocates. You need to get off your so-called "high horse" and wake up to reality.

    Just because you have a right to do something doesn't give you the right to abuse it.
    LOL, then you haven't been in some CC-OC conversations. Many CC-only persons really DO argue exactly as you are about how OC is abusing your right to carry. That is a fact. Any argument you make about it simply because you haven't yet experienced that attitude fails to present reality.

    And, it isn't an 'assault pistol,' no matter how often you want to use 'scary words' to define his firearm choice. The more you keep trotting that out on YOUR high horse, the more others will point out your error.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  15. #15
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec
    Please, stop embarrassing yourself.
    Some of us may look as if we're coming off as condescending, but you seem to taking it to a new level. Calm down, bra.

    Your repeated use of the words "stupid", "retarded", and other negative personality adjectives make you look immature and aggravated.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gravel Switch, KY
    Posts
    544
    So, by definition, a Ruger Charger is an evil assault pistol?

    Meh, I've open carried at the State Capitol along with others, some of which were even carrying long guns. Not a big deal in Kentucky.

    As long as Leonard is breaking no laws, I support him.

    KelTec, you've been carrying all of 4 days now. Please don't judge others until you've walked in an open carrier's shoes for at least a week.

  17. #17
    Regular Member John Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    297
    Is kwikrnu going to Hawaii?

    The use of scary names for guns to which those names do not apply is silly. Enough said.

    I find those shouting about others who "abuse" rights to be lacking an understanding of what rights are.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    If pointing out my typos is the best form of rebuttal for you, I suggest disregarding the rest of this thread.
    Calling an AR-15 an 'assault rifle' is false. Pointing that out isn't 'pointing out [your] typos.'

    Calling an AR-15 pistol an 'assault pistol' is false. Pointing that out isn't 'pointing out [your] typos.'
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    I was merely pointing out there is such thing as an "assault pistol." Don't start calling me out little man, you don't want to get me started.
    Being insulting and argumentative does nothing towards actual communication.
    Last edited by wrightme; 01-01-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  19. #19
    Regular Member John Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    I was merely pointing out there is such thing as an "assault pistol." Don't start calling me out little man, you don't want to get me started.
    You're joking right?
    Last edited by John Canuck; 01-01-2012 at 12:53 AM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    Please, stop embarrassing yourself.

    Reference §HRS 134-1

    "Assault pistol" means a semiautomatic pistol which accepts a detachable magazine and which has two or more of the following characteristics:
    (1) An ammunition magazine which attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
    (2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward hand grip, or silencer;
    (3) A shroud which is attached to or partially or completely encircles the barrel and which permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the second hand without being burned;
    (4) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded;
    (5) A centerfire pistol with an overall length of twelve inches or more; or
    (6) It is a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;
    but does not include a firearm with a barrel sixteen or more inches in length, an antique pistol as defined in this section or a curio or relic as those terms are used in 18 United States Code §921(16) or 27 Code of Federal Regulations 178.11.
    It isn't an embarrassment at all to disagree with false definitions created by some legislative body.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    I am legally allowed to express my opinion and am not judging Leonard. Open Carry in Kentucky is much easier than in Tennessee, and this I do understand.
    Your first amendment right isn't applicable here, on the property of someone else.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  22. #22

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    How dare you make such a statement. I suggest you eat a crab cake and relax, little man.
    It is easy to make a statement of fact. It seems to only be easy for you to insult others. If you do desire to remain an active member on this property of another, I suggest you back off of the insults.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  24. #24
    Regular Member John Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    How did he know you were short, little man!?
    I think he has a projection issue, along with some others.
    Last edited by John Canuck; 01-01-2012 at 01:00 AM.

  25. #25
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by keltec View Post
    If you honestly believe I'm giving up my fist amendment rights because of some forum, you're out of your mind.
    This reminds me of a funny GIF I came across a long time ago.


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •