• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are y'all ready for kwikrnu's open carry visit to the legislature?

wrightme

So, you're basically telling me you believe I'm contradicting myself in terms of agreeing with Open Carry on one thread, but disagreeing with carrying assault rifles in another?
NO ONE in this thread is actually discussing 'carrying assault rifles.' That is a false construct.

wrightme

No, it's not relevant. People who CC generally do not agree with OC. But when an Open Carrier believes an aspect of OC is morally incorrect, there's usually something wrong with that form of OC. In this case, the guy was open carrying an assault pistol; and this is NOT the way to REPRESENT the Open Carry advocates. You need to get off your so-called "high horse" and wake up to reality.

Just because you have a right to do something doesn't give you the right to abuse it.
LOL, then you haven't been in some CC-OC conversations. Many CC-only persons really DO argue exactly as you are about how OC is abusing your right to carry. That is a fact. Any argument you make about it simply because you haven't yet experienced that attitude fails to present reality.

And, it isn't an 'assault pistol,' no matter how often you want to use 'scary words' to define his firearm choice. The more you keep trotting that out on YOUR high horse, the more others will point out your error.

keltec

LOL, then you haven't been in some CC-OC conversations. Many CC-only persons really DO argue exactly as you are about how OC is abusing your right to carry. That is a fact. Any argument you make about it simply because you haven't yet experienced that attitude fails to present reality.

And, it isn't an 'assault pistol,' no matter how often you want to use 'scary words' to define his firearm choice. The more you keep trotting that out on YOUR high horse, the more others will point out your error.

Please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Reference §HRS 134-1

"Assault pistol" means a semiautomatic pistol which accepts a detachable magazine and which has two or more of the following characteristics:
(1) An ammunition magazine which attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward hand grip, or silencer;
(3) A shroud which is attached to or partially or completely encircles the barrel and which permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the second hand without being burned;
(4) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded;
(5) A centerfire pistol with an overall length of twelve inches or more; or
(6) It is a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;
but does not include a firearm with a barrel sixteen or more inches in length, an antique pistol as defined in this section or a curio or relic as those terms are used in 18 United States Code §921(16) or 27 Code of Federal Regulations 178.11.

carsontech

Activist Member
keltec said:

Some of us may look as if we're coming off as condescending, but you seem to taking it to a new level. Calm down, bra.

Your repeated use of the words "stupid", "retarded", and other negative personality adjectives make you look immature and aggravated.

Last edited:

flb_78

So, by definition, a Ruger Charger is an evil assault pistol?

Meh, I've open carried at the State Capitol along with others, some of which were even carrying long guns. Not a big deal in Kentucky.

As long as Leonard is breaking no laws, I support him.

KelTec, you've been carrying all of 4 days now. Please don't judge others until you've walked in an open carrier's shoes for at least a week.

John Canuck

Is kwikrnu going to Hawaii?

The use of scary names for guns to which those names do not apply is silly. Enough said.

I find those shouting about others who "abuse" rights to be lacking an understanding of what rights are.

keltec

So, by definition, a Ruger Charger is an evil assault pistol?

Meh, I've open carried at the State Capitol along with others, some of which were even carrying long guns. Not a big deal in Kentucky.

As long as Leonard is breaking no laws, I support him.

KelTec, you've been carrying all of 4 days now. Please don't judge others until you've walked in an open carrier's shoes for at least a week.

I am legally allowed to express my opinion and am not judging Leonard. Open Carry in Kentucky is much easier than in Tennessee, and this I do understand.

keltec

Is kwikrnu going to Hawaii?

The use of scary names for guns to which those names do not apply is silly. Enough said.

I find those shouting about others who "abuse" rights to be lacking an understanding of what rights are.

I was merely pointing out there is such thing as an "assault pistol." Don't start calling me out little man, you don't want to get me started.

wrightme

If pointing out my typos is the best form of rebuttal for you, I suggest disregarding the rest of this thread.

Calling an AR-15 an 'assault rifle' is false. Pointing that out isn't 'pointing out [your] typos.'

Calling an AR-15 pistol an 'assault pistol' is false. Pointing that out isn't 'pointing out [your] typos.'
I was merely pointing out there is such thing as an "assault pistol." Don't start calling me out little man, you don't want to get me started.

Being insulting and argumentative does nothing towards actual communication.

Last edited:

wrightme

Reference §HRS 134-1

"Assault pistol" means a semiautomatic pistol which accepts a detachable magazine and which has two or more of the following characteristics:
(1) An ammunition magazine which attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward hand grip, or silencer;
(3) A shroud which is attached to or partially or completely encircles the barrel and which permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the second hand without being burned;
(4) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded;
(5) A centerfire pistol with an overall length of twelve inches or more; or
(6) It is a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;
but does not include a firearm with a barrel sixteen or more inches in length, an antique pistol as defined in this section or a curio or relic as those terms are used in 18 United States Code §921(16) or 27 Code of Federal Regulations 178.11.
It isn't an embarrassment at all to disagree with false definitions created by some legislative body.

wrightme

How dare you make such a statement. I suggest you eat a crab cake and relax, little man.

It is easy to make a statement of fact. It seems to only be easy for you to insult others. If you do desire to remain an active member on this property of another, I suggest you back off of the insults.

keltec

It is easy to make a statement of fact. It seems to only be easy for you to insult others. If you do desire to remain an active member on this property of another, I suggest you back off of the insults.

If you honestly believe I'm giving up my fist amendment rights because of some forum, you're out of your mind.

carsontech

Activist Member
If you honestly believe I'm giving up my fist amendment rights because of some forum, you're out of your mind.

This reminds me of a funny GIF I came across a long time ago.

admin.gif