• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are y'all ready for kwikrnu's open carry visit to the legislature?

RussP

Last edited:

rscottie

I stopped commenting on the whole kwikrnu thread when he was trying to change the un-Constitutional laws of certain towns in TN and any post that even remotely supported his legal right to do what he was doing was met with huge amounts of animosity.

Now, I am from KY and we do not have a lot of problems carrying firearms in our state so I am not sure what point kwikrnu is trying to make now.

What I am really curious about though is why you RussP have followed kwikrnu over to another forum to comment on his posts. I can read from your posts that you do not like him but reading your previous posts and these newer ones makes me wonder about you.

Your obsession with him just does not seem normal.

RussP

I stopped commenting on the whole kwikrnu thread when he was trying to change the un-Constitutional laws of certain towns in TN and any post that even remotely supported his legal right to do what he was doing was met with huge amounts of animosity.

Now, I am from KY and we do not have a lot of problems carrying firearms in our state so I am not sure what point kwikrnu is trying to make now.

What I am really curious about though is why you RussP have followed kwikrnu over to another forum to comment on his posts. I can read from your posts that you do not like him but reading your previous posts and these newer ones makes me wonder about you.

Your obsession with him just does not seem normal.
My interest has gone from concern that he'd do something stupid leading to his injury or death, to concern that he would injure someone himself, to amusement at his efforts to rewrite the history of his exploits, including his memory lapses during depositions. The history rewrites are especially interesting, very entertaining.

What point is he trying to make by coming to Frankfort armed and dressed as he plans? Same reason(s) he had at Radnor Lake.

Last edited:

keltec

I am a huge advocate for open carry, but carrying an AR-15 on your shoulder is just ridiculous. There's a thin line between open carrying your guns in public and abusing your right to do so.

By openly carrying an AR-15 you are only showing the public you're armed, potentially dangerous and out for trouble. Giving people the perception of a "mad man with a gun" is not the way to desensitize citizens. Being flamboyant should only be reserved for the inferior beings incapable of changing their lives for the better.

aadvark

keltec:

Why Bash kwikrnu if His Actions are NOT Illegal?

I thought We ALL Supported Legal Firearm-related Actions and Constitutional Rights?

It is Legal to do what He did, so why Accuse Him of being a '...[M]ad Man with a Gun...'?

aadvark

keltec

Not according to this:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

• (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

:dude:

keltec

keltec:

Why Bash kwikrnu if His Actions are NOT Illegal?

I thought We ALL Supported Legal Firearm-related Actions and Constitutional Rights?

It is Legal to do what He did, so why Accuse Him of being a '...[M]ad Man with a Gun...'?

aadvark

Carrying an AR-15 in the streets is stupid, and gives legitimate Open Carriers a bad name. Long guns are designed for power, performance and accuracy; not necessarily to kill a local citizen trying to rob you. Unless you're in your home, there should be no reason to carry a rifle for self defense because of a criminal.

Last edited:

wrightme

Then why was his CCW revoked? I know exactly why... It's because he was carrying an assault rifle to walk his dog in the park :shocker:
That is a false statement. He was actually carrying a pistol.

Agree with him and his actions, or disagree with him and his actions; but at least be accurate about what happened.

wrightme

Carrying an AR-15 in the streets is stupid, and gives legitimate Open Carriers a bad name. Long guns are designed for power, performance and accuracy; not necessarily to kill a local citizen trying to rob you. Unless you're in your home, there should be no reason to carry a rifle for self defense because of a criminal.
He hasn't been carrying a rifle.

keltec

He hasn't been carrying a rifle.

This is a quote from the Nashville City Paper:

"A champion of the Second Amendment is vowing to exercise his constitutional rights by parading around Bicentennial Mall with a loaded AK-47 assault pistol slung across his back, but even fellow gun advocates are denouncing his behavior as a foolish publicity stunt."

I'm sorry, it's an AK-47 Pistol. I think your argument for this guy is a publicity stunt in it's own.

DrakeZ07

And now for something completely random.

Why no, good sir, I am not ready for it at all!

*Grabs his popcorn, soda, and remote control*

Okay, now I'm ready! You can continue.

wrightme

This is a quote from the Nashville City Paper:

"A champion of the Second Amendment is vowing to exercise his constitutional rights by parading around Bicentennial Mall with a loaded AK-47 assault pistol slung across his back, but even fellow gun advocates are denouncing his behavior as a foolish publicity stunt."

I'm sorry, it's an AK-47 Pistol. I think your argument for this guy is a publicity stunt in it's own.

I haven't been 'arguing for this guy.' I don't agree with what he is doing. But, I do attempt to be accurate when speaking of events. And, the quote notwithstanding, an AK-47 pistol is not an "assault pistol."

carsontech

Activist Member
I think your argument for this guy is a publicity stunt in it's own.

10415839.jpg

Then why was his CCW revoked? I know exactly why... It's because he was carrying an assault rifle to walk his dog in the park :shocker:

I love it when people use sensational terms to describe a firearm. :p

Concealed-carry-only types say the same thing about handgun open carry. Your comments seem conflicting to other posts you have made:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?98373-My-2-cents-on-Open-Carry

keltec said:
Carry on my friends! Don't be afraid to exercise your LEGAL RIGHT to bear arms and open carry in a legal manner!

Last edited:

keltec

10415839.jpg

I love it when people use sensational terms to describe a firearm. :p

An AR-15 is an "assault rifle." Enough said.

Concealed-carry-only types say the same thing about handgun open carry. Your comments seem conflicting to other posts you have made:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?98373-My-2-cents-on-Open-Carry

Your comment is completely irrelevant. This isn't a matter of a Concealed Carriers opinion of open carry, it's a matter of my "freely" expressed opinion about what this guy is doing. Since you're so sincere to the statement being made by open carrying an assault pistol in public, why don't you do it?

Post a video on Youtube and allow us to watch it.

carsontech

Activist Member
Just because I support something doesn't mean I will do it myself. I support the un-restriction of "drugs", it doesn't mean I will partake in smoking Mary Jane when "drugs" become un-restricted. Although, I would support and fight for anyone's right to do so.

I have no problem with your opinion. Although, most people with similar opinions, and who use the term "assault rifle", seem to think there should be some kind of restrictions on firearms. Restrictions ranging from a complete ban to "common sense gun laws." That, I do have a problem with, as I strongly believe there should be no restrictions on firearms, what so ever.

I'm not saying you would be for restrictions, just pointing out that your line of thought in this thread seems to parallel some of the people who are in favor of restrictions. From reading that other thread you started, it seems like you are contradicting yourself.

Are you for people legally open carrying firearms, or not? Have you changed your mind. Not trying to sound like a D%&k, just curious and bored at work.

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."

Last edited:

wrightme

An AR-15 is an "assault rifle." Enough said.
No, not 'enough said.' That is a false statement. And, the OP subject had nothing to do with 'assault rifle,' OR with 'rifle,' OR with long gun.

keltec said:
Your comment is completely irrelevant. This isn't a matter of a Concealed Carriers opinion of open carry, it's a matter of my "freely" expressed opinion about what this guy is doing. Since you're so sincere to the statement being made by open carrying an assault pistol in public, why don't you do it?
It is completely relevant. It IS the same as how many CC-only people view OC.

keltec

Just because I support something doesn't mean I will do it myself. I support the un-restriction of "drugs", it doesn't mean I will partake in smoking Mary Jane when "drugs" become un-restricted. Although, I would support and fight for anyone's right to do so.

I have no problem with your opinion. Although, most people with similar opinions, and who use the term "assault rifle", seem to think there should be some kind of restrictions on firearms. Restrictions ranging from a complete ban to "common sense gun laws." That, I do have a problem with, as I strongly believe there should be no restrictions on firearms, what so ever.

I'm not saying you would be for restrictions, just pointing out that your line of thought in this thread seems to parallel some of the people who are in favor of restrictions. From reading that other thread you started, it seems like you are contradicting yourself.

Are you for people legally open carrying firearms, or not? Have you changed your mind. Not trying to sound like a D%&k, just curious and bored at work.

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."

So, you're basically telling me you believe I'm contradicting myself in terms of agreeing with Open Carry on one thread, but disagreeing with carrying assault rifles in another?

I'm sorry, but where is your basis for this assumption? If you read my previous post, I clearly stated "there is a thin line between exercising your right to bear arms, and abusing that right." This goes for any law for that matter. You wouldn't stand in front of the white house and scream "Obama is a dumb ni.gger!" Although you have a right to do so.

This guy is abusing his right to open carry by carrying an "assault pistol" in public. If your argument is that he had a right to carry it because it's a "pistol," then why did the government revoke his license? If you can't put it in a holster, don't carry it in public.

You have a better chance of blending in with the rest of the crowd and being perceived as a police officer if you wear a glock 17 with a retention holster, than if you were to go out wearing an AK-47 pistol on your back. That's just retarded.

keltec

No, not 'enough said.' That is a false statement. And, the OP subject had nothing to do with 'assault rifle,' OR with 'rifle,' OR with long gun.

It is completely relevant. It IS the same as how many CC-only people view OC.

No, it's not relevant. People who CC generally do not agree with OC[cite needed]. But when an Open Carrier believes an aspect of OC is morally incorrect, there's usually something wrong with that form of OC. In this case, the guy was open carrying an assault pistol; and this is NOT the way to REPRESENT the Open Carry advocates. You need to get off your so-called "high horse" and wake up to reality.

Just because you have a right to do something doesn't give you the right to abuse it.

Last edited: